• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dirty Robbing Bastards!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Letter from DVLA saying my driving licence was about to expire, and they would demand £20 for the privilege just to renew it

Can I expense it?
    Why don't you do a few more shifts at Aldi and you'll earn the £20 in not time.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Why don't you do a few more shifts at Aldi and you'll earn the £20 in not time.
      I'm on Workfare so only get JSA + Travelling costs
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And just something else to think about for anyone sending their licence to the DVLA, if you have motorcycle entitlement, make a copy of your license before you send it because they have a bad habit of not putting the motorcycle entitlement back on the new licence and then you have to prove you had entitlement in the first place and if you cannot you will have to take a retest

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          Same here, in fact I've got two, one with (now expired) points on and one that's clean.

<ahem> did anyone else do the "send off for a new one as soon as you knew you were going to get points added" trick. A friend says he did it all the time
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

36 million motorists in the UK, 10% renewing every year means an extra £72m in the govt coffers in stealth tax, no counting all the PCV and HGV licence renewals
            £20 is cheap every 10 years for something as essential as driving license - priting it, processing letters cost money you know.

Comment

I'm on Workfare so only get JSA + Travelling costs
              Good to see you can take a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                I'm a joke that no one finds funny anymore, or ever did for that matter.
                FTFY

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  £20 is cheap every 10 years for something as essential as driving license - priting it, processing letters cost money you know.
                  But if you didn't have to renew the licence there would be no associated cost for printing or processing letters

Comment

AIUI the licence doesn't expire until you're 70, but the photo does after 10 years, so better get a new pic without the mullett.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Hee hee. Still got my nice old paper one. I also still have my petrol vouchers issued during Edward Heath's fuel shortage thing. Never know when I might need them.

Forgot to mention, a Jesus Christ phoned earlier Xoggoth asking if you still had that shekel he lent you.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X