• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Nations Rugger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Thought England were good in flashes, but still too many cock ups and poor thinking. Progress though.
    France didnt seem to play their usual game, when they did they had us beat but they seem to want to kick it rather than run it. Odd.

Seems to me that Lancaster is doing the job. Leave him with it but give him support.
    Some people are saying he should have a "mentor" or some such. I don't think that's a good idea.

If he gets the job he's in charge, let him get on with it. He'll seek advice from whoever he wants whenever he wants.

It doesn't need one of them floating around like Rob Andrew or a Director of Football, with authority and no responsibility.
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 12 March 2012, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      It's a sad day when you measure your own team's rugby achievements against Scotland. Hardly a world-beating powerhouse now is it.
      Don't know what you mean. Nobody is measuring themselves against Scotland.

Comment

England played pretty decently but they let the French sneak back into the game, Wales on the other hand didn't play great but I don't think they'll have a problem getting up for the French game
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Do think Murrayfield has a trophy cabinet with lots of wooden spoons lined up in it? At least it would be something to show off to visitors, etc.
          Stats on wooden spoons don't seem to be readily available so not sure how big the cabinet would need to be. The Scottish team need to get on the Irn-Bru this week, else it could get very embarrassing against Italy on Saturday...well let's hope so.

one day at a time

Comment

I like the Italian team they're quite a plucky bunch
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
              Stats on wooden spoons don't seem to be readily available so not sure how big the cabinet would need to be. The Scottish team need to get on the Irn-Bru this week, else it could get very embarrassing against Italy on Saturday...well let's hope so.

A quick look tells me Scotland have only won three Wooden Spoons in the past 20 seasons. Their decline over the past 10 years would have earned more, but Italy have made it much harder for them since they entered the competition.

Interestingly, I've also discovered that Scotland are the last, and therefore still, Five Nations Champions!

Comment

That's a very interesting fact, though I do believe eventually the Italians will become more competitve now they have teams in the Rabo12, I think it's become a really good competition good enough to rival the Aviva Premiership.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yes, I was quite surprised by this, a quick search reveals the Scots won the last 5 nations in 1999 with Italy joining in 2000.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Think it will be very tight between us and the potato pickers and pizza planned to celebrate the wooden spoon for the scots.

one day at a time

Comment

It'll be a close game between Ireland and England I'd bet
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X