• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Why not travel on the VIP roads, where even the traffic lights will go green for you as you swish past the peasants.
    The £5k fine might put you off...
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I always love to watch the Olympic sport on TV and it will be no different this time. But it might as well be in Mongolia for all I care, I ain't going anywhere near it.

And I ain't watching that waste of money they call the opening and closing ceremonies. Not even on TV.

Comment

Incidentally, 2012 is the third London Olympics.

At the first one in 1908, British police teams won all three medals in the Tug 'o War. I wonder if whoever presented the medals greeted them with "Hello, hello, hello"?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          If you live somewhere nothing ever happens it's easy to say "get caught up in it" but I have a major sporting event on my doorstep for 2 weeks every year and although I watch some of it and enjoy it I won't pretend that it isn't disruptive. The olympics are going to be at least 10x as big and will pretty much paralyse a transport system which is already bursting at the seams. It will be a lot easier to enjoy them if you don't have to put up with that for 2 hours a day just to get to and from work.
          I take your point as those outside London aren't going to have their daily routines affected. But as Zippy said, can’t you work from home?
          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
          X