• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Business exploits visa loophole to decimate IT jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Masses couldn't give a tulip as long as there's cheap lager at ASDA and Big Brother on the telly.

Politicians couldn't give a tulip as long as there's subsidised Champagne at the Westminster bar and a new show on at the theatre.

HTH BIDI.
    It's interesting to contrast the fuss that is made when a few machine workers (engineering) jobs go abroad, but when 100s of thousands of IT workers are outsourced or ICTed, no one gives a tulip.

Comment

Fair point that one, no one seems to be kiccking up a fuss I guess it's up to us
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It's interesting to contrast the fuss that is made when a few machine workers (engineering) jobs go abroad, but when 100s of thousands of IT workers are outsourced or ICTed, no one gives a tulip.
        Glorified typists. As Dawn Prim said "IT contractors are stupid little people".

Comment

Originally posted by ZoppZ View Post
          This article is dated Oct 2010.

Fail. (you and the government!)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            That in my view is fair enough. if we as a country want to make it unattractive to manufacture then we have to live with the consequences. Bringing cheap labour from abroad is another matter altogether.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'm guessing the taxes & NI avoided make the whole IR35 / avoidance debate look rather comical as well.

It seems to me that they could save a lot of money by simplifying ballot papers. Just write "bunch of cnuts" on them and we'll all tick them and hand them in.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I'm guessing the taxes & NI avoided make the whole IR35 / avoidance debate look rather comical as well.
                That and the profits made by the Indian businessmen which will also be untaxed in the UK.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Can I get someone to go in my place for that?
                  I've outsourced that to a nice chap called Bob

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to doodab again.

Originally posted by doodab View Post

It seems to me that they could save a lot of money by simplifying ballot papers. Just write "bunch of cnuts" on them and we'll all tick them and hand them in.
                    +10
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

It sure is and it's not even good labour either
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X