• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SBS fcuked it up big time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Guess what I'm gonna do next time you lot kick off?
    Put the kettle on?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Guess what I'm gonna do next time you lot kick off?
      "Run and hide"?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        The hostages were killed by the terrorists during a rescue attempt. That is all we know.
        In fact we don't even know that, some reports are suggesting that the time of hostages were killed is unkown and even before the SBS got there. as usual, can't trust media reports more than even 1%.

Sad day as i'm an engineer from northwest too.
        Happy days every day...just keep invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
          Not meant to cause offence gaylord, just a title you should be proud of. DOn't protest too much Churchill.

As for your response, if, as you said, their mission was to rescue said hostages, would you agree that as the hostages are now encased in wood and being very dead means the mission wasn't a resounding success?
          We're not measuring success, merely pointing out that "f*cked up!" isn't neccessarily the correct term for what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Didn't the Ruskies try that one in a hostage thingy?

The gas they used killed almost as many as the scumbags did.
            Didn't they forget to read the label and throw far more than was required for the size of the building.

There is a problem with "clever" solutions. The people who come up with the ideas are far cleverer than the people implementing them and don't think about making it fool proof.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They captured the people responsible.

There's always a risk that there will be collateral damage in an operation like that.

Very unfortunate.
              Yes but at the sacrifice of the hostages.

The point of the mission was to rescue the hostages and if also capture/kill those responsible even better, but no mission would be authorised without the former as the primary aim. Surely ?

Comment

Originally posted by Friday Blue View Post
                In fact we don't even know that, some reports are suggesting that the time of hostages were killed is unkown and even before the SBS got there. as usual, can't trust media reports more than even 1%.

Agreed, we don't know all the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday Blue View Post

Very sad day. I guess if you chase moolah, you take the risks. Last year there were a lot of jobs in Nigeria in the delta being offered, with protection, accomodation on site, and flights in and out. Good money too, for total. Ended up taking on a load of bobs for the job.

That chap who got beheaded in Iran was North West too wasn't he? Liverpool?

Comment

The Yanks would have just lobbed in a hand grenade.

Comment

Agreed, we don't know all the facts.
                      We do know some:

1. They were sent to rescue the hostages
                      2. The hostages are no longer alive
                      3. The Italians were not notified

I would call them facts myself.
                      Last edited by Zoiderman; 9 March 2012, 08:59.

Comment

Working...
                      X