• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netanyahu plays the Holocaust card...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all but one of the Republican hopefuls calling for military strikes against Iran then things could get messy if Obama loses the election. The Israelis have been in and bombed Iran before but I don't think they'd find it so easy this time. The Iranians have been spending large sums with the Russians buy some pretty serious air defence kit. Unless they're very lucky a single surgical strike is going to be a one-way ticket at best and if the US really do want to get involved then they would need to systematically destroy Iran's new air defence network before they can go in and bomb the nuke factories.
    A one-off easy-in, easy-out against 1960s era air defence sortie is easy to justify and will be over before the UN can get its knickers in a twist, a full on bombing campaign over several days is a whole different matter. I seriously doubt any of the gulf states will be up for the US launching such a campaign from their soil and so that would mean having to use carrier based aircraft.
    It would be very easy for the Iranians to end up giving the US a bit of a hiding. Even if they lose their nuclear program, knocking down a few US jets and setting back US relations in the Gulf will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      Quite happy for Israel/US to take that question off the table to be honest
      Israel/USA haven't threatened to wipe a whole nation and its people off the face of the earth.

Look, you've demonstrated your ignorance, and shown you're the last person anyone would want alongside them in any kind of difficulty. I'd say mission accomplished, wouldn't you?

Comment

It's oh so easy for the russians to sell their hardware when they know it'll never be pointed in their direction it's ridiculous
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
          . The Israelis have been in and bombed Iran before but I don't think they'd find it so easy this time.
          When was that?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            When was that?
            I think he means Iraq.

But I can't remember. Was it Iraq or Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I think he means Iraq.

But I can't remember. Was it Iraq or Iran?
              That'll be Syria, eh?

Comment

Yep, they have bombed Iraq. AND Syria.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  Quite happy for Israel/US to take that question off the table to be honest
                  Of course you are. You don't seem to mind who you are hiding behind whilst talking big.
                  But you never even had the cojones to join the REME. FFS, it doesn't get much safer.
                  Did your dad ever ask you if you might feel drawn towards being a milkman?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Of course you are. You don't seem to mind who you are hiding behind whilst talking big.
                    But you never even had the cojones to join the REME. FFS, it doesn't get much safer.
                    Did your dad ever ask you if you might feel drawn towards being a milkman?

Hey Sergeant, give it a bleeding rest!

Btw, did you notice that Zoidy couldn't spell Sergeant in his earlier posts? Thick as pigsh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Hey Sergeant, give it a bleeding rest!

Btw, did you notice that Zoidy couldn't spell Sergeant in his earlier posts? Thick as pigsh!t.
                      Let's be honest, there is not much he is capable of doing without buggering it up in some way.
                      I hope he takes that position in Iraq teaching the locals how to crochet doyleys.

Might be the making of him.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X