• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Secretary presents...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is old news for me.

When a started working for BT some 16 years ago I booked some holiday over Christmas, but was sick prior to my leave starting.

I just phoned in sick on the days I was supposed to be working. After Christmas the HR dept asked me if I wanted to carry the leave over. They'd treated my entire holiday period and sick leave and credited the holiday time back.

It's little things like that that makes me hark back to the permie days ....

Comment

Many large cos do this already. I think it is nuts - if you are sick, you take your chances when it happens end of.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Many large cos do this already. I think it is nuts - if you are sick, you take your chances when it happens end of.
        Agreed. It is more extra cost to business.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          Clearer. Initially it looked like you were saying the new policy was anti-business, which I don't think it is.
          It is completely anti business. It may be good for employees but ultimately it is yet another piece of regiulation that will increase costs to business. It will most likely be exploited by the public services as yet another entitlement that the rest of us will have to pay for.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
          X