• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

letting off steam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letting off steam

Missus went for an interview yesterday in London for a consultancy role on the NHS project - was very senior in the health service before leaving through ill health. Now much better, though not 100%. I saw the role on Jobserve and told her to apply - nothing to lose. We updated her CV - no lies, very near the top we mentioned she had been off work for 2 years and sent it off. Agency came back within about 2 hours with a job interview said the client was very keen. We tried to get an initial phone interview, but no, they wanted her to go down to London (from Chester).

With such a rapid turn around I told her it was probably worth her going down. Interview went very well, nothing negative came out of it.

Agency turned around today and said the client didn't think her clinical knowledge was upto date !!! - they could have gained that from reading her CV.

Originally posted by foritisme
    Agency turned around today and said the client didn't think her clinical knowledge was upto date !!! - they could have gained that from reading her CV.
    You believ that they actually read them.

one born every minute
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Well I take it the client would have read it - I don't the agent would have understood half of what was on it.

Comment

Presumably it was Human Remains that asked her to come down for the interview ?

HR exist to bugger up everyone elses professional time. Employers, and candidates alike.

The more they bugger things up the more airy fairy guidelines they formulate and more important they and gullible management feel they are.

Very few people feature lower in pond life than HR. Corporate Britain just hasn't realised yet that ponds have outstayed their usefulness.

Comment

According to the agency it was the project manager - though she wasn't interviewed by her

Comment

Might be the PM just used the simplest excuse to hand. In London there are CVs by the bucket, assholes by the thousand. People seem to actually enjoy wasting other people's time, and their own - it helps them forget the futility of their own mind-numbing existence. Tinned minds.

Comment

Working...
            X