• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charging for carrier bags!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Having run shops for 8 years. Once coming runner up as best gift shop in the UK, being praised in the local press for excellent customer service & extremely friendly & helpful I reserve the right to be a miserable bastard when I shop. A smile, a joke, even some acknowledgement would be nice. It seriously winds me up poor customer service especially these large chains. Only poor bar service winds me up more.
    You need to go on an anger management course.

Seriously, all this because you've been trapped into marriage?

Comment

I reuse all my plastic bags and have not needed to buy bin bags in years!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Why should people like me, who have reusable canvas bags and/or a rucksack, subsidise the disorganised ?
        If you don't like it shop somewhere else like Aldi.

HTH

Comment

It seriously winds me up poor customer service especially these large chains. Only poor bar service winds me up more.
          I agree with you on the poor customer service too many large chains think it's a given that you'll shop with them and don't care about your business these days it's downright deplorable.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            If you don't like it shop somewhere else like Aldi.

HTH
            Oooh, that reminds me now I have a car and I can go and check out the quality of beer in lidl.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Having run shops for 8 years. Once coming runner up as best gift shop in the UK, being praised in the local press for excellent customer service & extremely friendly & helpful I reserve the right to be a miserable bastard when I shop. A smile, a joke, even some acknowledgement would be nice. It seriously winds me up poor customer service especially these large chains. Only poor bar service winds me up more.
              What do you want the guy to do when it transpires you don't have change? His line manager could easily fire him for giving bags away.

I suppose if I were there in the queue I'd just give you 1/5p if I had it - that nobody offered says worse about our society than the customer service.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Money's tight, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  You need to go on an anger management course.

Seriously, all this because you've been trapped into marriage?
                  I could become friends with Derek Chisora.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I could become friends with Derek Chisora.
                    That guy is something else, I can hear him now "whatcha mean I gotta pay for a carrier bag, don't cha know who I am? carry on and I'll merc ya blud"
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Sainsbury's sell pocket carrier bags for a £1 that fold up to next to nothing and, once you've strengthened the handle attachments with a bit of deft sewing, work really great. The handles are just about big enough to stick an arm through too (once the handles are beefed up) so you can carry hands-free and say goodbye to squished fingers from the thin plastic tear-prone tulip.

Comment

Working...
                      X