• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Blair backs nuclear power plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I think the holes are still there.

As a matter of interest:
    Most were producing long after Maggie went, just without so many men. Look up Long Wall Mining you will see how the workforce can be reduced and production can be increased. I worked for a firm that made the kit, wicked stuff writing software for real tonka toys.
    Nope, there are 6 deeps mines still in production today and 2 of those are marked for closure. In a previous life I worked in the Govt regulatory body that runs whats left of the coal industry and it's legacy, and belive me once a mine is closed it can never be reopened. The shafts are filled and the tunnels below ground collapse within a few months. The method of mining itself means that the mine workings themselves are inherantly unstable away from the main roads and working faces and even they require constant maintenance to keep them operating.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      The waste is to be vitrified and buried in deep UK mines. Problem solved.
      That'll be right on top of your pad, eh Lucifer?
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It has to go critical or nothing much happens...

Would have thought a Dalek would know that...
        You're 1st on my list Gumby

You KNOW what I meant

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
          You're 1st on my list Gumby
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
          X