• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I bloody hate dance music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, you've defended films of hot birds getting sweaty in an aerobics class. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact quite a lot right with it. The sound that accompanies the little film is abysmal and an unnecessary distraction to a high quality cinematic portrayal of randy women.
    Agreed. But what an arse and I haven't even watched the vid yet
    Me, me, me...

Comment

You will like this then... just wait till about 1.30, freakin hilarious.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Yes, now you've defended hot birds playing with power tools. This is a good thing. But the accompanying sound is unnecessary and rather annoying.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's quite sad. Are there no care homes for people suffering from his affliction?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

No, you've defended films of hot birds getting sweaty in an aerobics class. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact quite a lot right with it. The sound that accompanies the little film is abysmal and an unnecessary distraction from a high quality cinematic portrayal of randy women.
            So you prefer topless, warty, sweaty men with greasy hair singing about devils and goblins?

Think you should change your name to 'Mich the DBA'
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              So you prefer topless, warty, sweaty men with greasy hair singing about devils and goblins?

Think you should change your name to 'Mich the UNIX sysadmin'

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Thanks HD. Believe it or not all the tracks making up the first tune were played on a DBZ Bolero electric guitar hooked up to a Roland GR-55 with a GK-3 pickup, that includes the percussion, fiddle and sax.

I have a large guitar collection but since getting the guitar synth just about any sound I want I get from it including acoustic guitar sounds.
                Good grief, that's an amazing piece of kit to do all that! I think I remember playing with a Boss Acoustic Simulator many moons ago which was quite good fun, but never sounding quite as good as the real thing.

I've still got my Fender Strat USA Plus with the Seymour Duncan pickups through a JCM 900 Marshall amp (good old Gary Moore amp gear) which I love, but sad to say since leaving my band, not been playing much. I normally strum on the Vester acoustic which I saw and fell in love with when I was in Oz 2000, pic here:

Last year I bought some Cakewalk Sonar recording studio software to play around with but have not really spent much time on it, but after being inspired by your tracks, once the work clears, I must get back into playing around with it again.

Keep up the good work!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

one of the comments: "the last girl he fingered... died"

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Good grief, that's an amazing piece of kit to do all that! I think I remember playing with a Boss Acoustic Simulator many moons ago which was quite good fun, but never sounding quite as good as the real thing.

I've still got my Fender Strat USA Plus with the Seymour Duncan pickups through a JCM 900 Marshall amp (good old Gary Moore amp gear) which I love, but sad to say since leaving my band, not been playing much. I normally strum on the Vester acoustic which I saw and fell in love with when I was in Oz 2000, pic here:

Last year I bought some Cakewalk Sonar recording studio software to play around with but have not really spent much time on it, but after being inspired by your tracks, once the work clears, I must get back into playing around with it again.

Keep up the good work!
                    Thanks for the comments! Been using Sonar for decades and other DAW and notation software. Got a full studio setup here for MIDI, mic'd recording and the addition of the GR-55 has been amazing. I'm a crap keyboard player so now I can do it all on one guitar with a bit of effort and tidying up. Getting the acoustic instruments / vocals recorded is a breeze.

Not much chance to do live work anymore so having immense fun in the studio.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

You know it, boom boom boom zzzz boom boom boom electronic crap without any musical value. Don't tell me it's because I'm old because it's been around for 20 odd years since before I got old and I bloody hated it back then.

What a load of tulip. Anyone with a PC could make this ridiculous industrial noise that's emanating from the nextdoor retarded yoof's massive stereo. At least, anyone with a PC who can't be arsed to learn how to play an instrument.

I think I'd better dig out my old Black Sabbath records. Or better still, Motorhead, even though I'm actually in the mood for listening to Beethoven's 9th right now.

Rant over.
                      Here you go Mich. Something for you to relate to.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X