• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delete Google history?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I deleted my Google account, since I rarely used my Google email address; but when a minute later I tried to set up a new Google mail account with the same address, guess what "There is already a user with this address" ...

So much for deleting my details - I bet Google hasn't deleted anything behind the scenes, just made it inaccessible to me.

I wonder what Bing is like for searches.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Recording that you HAD an account is hardly unexpected. It could very easily cause all kinds of screwups - you could get emails to the old user.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I deleted my Google account, since I rarely used my Google email address; but when a minute later I tried to set up a new Google mail account with the same address, guess what "There is already a user with this address" ...

So much for deleting my details - I bet Google hasn't deleted anything behind the scenes, just made it inaccessible to me.
        Google: Deleting

From the Canceling your Gmail address there:

I want to retrieve my deleted account

Residual copies of deleted messages and accounts may take up to 60 days to be deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems for an additional period of time. If you delete your Gmail address but wish to have it back, we work to help you recover your deleted accounts whenever possible. However, within a few weeks' time, accounts are usually no longer retrievable. Note that a successful recovery will only recover the username associated with the account.
        Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I wonder what Bing is like for searches.
        I've noticed that Bing and other MS bots have started crawling my sites. I'm currently trying out DuckDuckGo, and apart from a bit of frustration looking for a product in a hurry yesterday, have been quite happy with the results so far.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Recording that you HAD an account is hardly unexpected. It could very easily cause all kinds of screwups - you could get emails to the old user.
          They are probably going to want all sorts of personal details from you to restore an old account to guard against that. Think carefully before going down that route.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X