• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heart breaking story in the Daily Wail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    "For a family with four children (Flo, 13, Annie, 11, Monty, nine, and two-year-old Dolly) living in the South-East it’s a minimum £450,000 for a four-bedroom house (we need five but I don’t want to sound fussy)."

muppets
    well spotted
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Unless I missed something, I don't see why the house price crash forced their sale. So long as they could afford the payments, who cares what the house was worth. Buying at the top of the market and selling at the bottom is pretty stupid by any standard.

I read it that they bottled it and didnt want to be in negative equity so sold up, only later realising that they were paying as much in rent without having (even devaluing) assets. They were caught by circumstances as they jumped off the property ladder to resize only to find they could no longer get a mortgage.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I'm not going to knock them.

There's not a contractor on here who doesn't aspire to better things, apart from AtW perhaps, and none who haven't made financial mistakes and couldn't have been better off "if only..."

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

There's not a contractor on here who doesn't aspire to better things, apart from AtW perhaps, and none who haven't made financial mistakes and couldn't have been better off "if only..."
          Good point mate - me included...
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Fair, but most of us are not bitching about being skint in a national newspaper are we.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Fair, but most of us are not bitching about being skint in a national newspaper are we.
              We would if they paid us to do that.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                We would if they paid us to do that.
                Got there just before me
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  What a pair of tulips you both are, to enjoy others' misery so.

Classic indicators of hollow unfulfilled lives.
                  Where did I say I enjoyed their misery?
                  Like them you have a typical New Labourite mentality that stops people taking responsibility for their choices and actions.
                  If they were uneducated chavs I'd have more sympathy, but these are supposedly "educated" people who just seem spoilt and think that money grows on trees. Decadent as Mich noted.

No. all in all, I stick to my original post. Their fate is well-deserved.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    To make it worse, the same bint wrote this;

I couldn't survive without my live-in housekeeper | Mail Online

FFS woman, sort your life out.
                    We have cleaner come round once a week, €30 for a few hours. Dusting, hovering, mopping, ironing, washing up. Allows me and the wifey to live between invoicing. I don't see the harm in that whatsoever but we're nothing like the woman pictured in this article.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Unless I missed something, I don't see why the house price crash forced their sale. So long as they could afford the payments, who cares what the house was worth. Buying at the top of the market and selling at the bottom is pretty stupid by any standard.

Probably for spooked. Happens at that age, so I hear.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X