• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP - worth a try?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never hated Britain, until I joined CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I thought this item was quite revealing about the UKIP's mindset:

The British people must decide through an immediate referendum if we stay in the EU or to come out and claw back independent power over our national life. We do not have to be ruled by this regime to work with our European neighbours who depend on us for their markets.

Do they really think Germany is dependent on the UK market, as opposed to India and China?
      Bunch of doddery old farts stuck in the 19th Century, believing Britain is still a major power, like I said their (lack of) economic policy would leave the UK a tired, poor backwater living off past glories.
      A lot of people say things like that. It's easy to knock the country but they underestimate the UK too much. The salient facts in this case are:
      1. We buy more from the rest of the EU than they buy from us, making us a valuable trading nation with them.
      2. The UK has the 6th largest economy of the world's states, behind USA, China, Japan, Germany and France (as calculated separately by the IMF and by the World Bank).

Comment

Have you lived outside the UK ever? What in particular do you hate about it?
        No I havent. Im crap with languages and what I do requires me to understand business processes to a high level. I could never do that in another language.

Too cold (grey, overcast) , too kakistocractic, too expensive (rip off Britain), too many chavs (paid to breed by my taxes)

I dont see what can be done to solve these problems. All I can do is make as much money as I can, then get out.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          No I havent. Im crap with languages and what I do requires me to understand business processes to a high level. I could never do that in another language.
          All I can do is make as much money as I can, then get out.
          Where would you go to?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

kakistocractic
            Nice word
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Where would you go to?
              Dunno, why does that matter?

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              An alternative; perhaps people should remember the circumstances in which the current lot took over and accept that it'll take more than a couple of years to sort things out, however hard they try. Some of their policies will work well, some less well, some will fail altogether, but it seems they're finally getting public spending under control, which is really the number one priority if you want to deal with all the other issues people raise.
              I voted for this current shower (Conservative). Its clear they are just continuing the same policies that got us in this mess. It is easier to lie to the masses, while really making no changes to keep things going on. To do otherwise would mean they would get voted out, as the masses will vote themselves free benefits to the point there are not enough people working to pay for it.

As for specifically getting spending under control, we are still spending at boom levels. That's not my idea of austerity.

Comment

Dunno, why does that matter?

You don't think it matters where you live? What if you moved somewhere worse?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

what I do requires me to understand business processes to a high level. .
                  Given the (lack of ) basic analysis skills you are displaying with your posts I doubt that.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

As for specifically getting spending under control, we are still spending at boom levels. That's not my idea of austerity.
                    Wasn't there a 4 year record surplus in January (i.e Income - spending?)
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Given the (lack of ) basic analysis skills you are displaying with your posts I doubt that.
                      You arent important enough for me to try and convince you, sorry if I gave you false hope of that by replying to your earlier questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X