• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vitali Klitschko v Dereck Chisora

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dereck Chisora and David Haye brawl at Munich press conference as Adam Booth gets injured | The Sun |Sport|Boxing

Oh dear.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What an embarrassment. It wouldn't be so bad if they were any good but they're both mediocre at best.

Comment

After the disgraceful incident that will undoubtedly be investigated by boxing's authorities, Wladimir Klitschko condemned the pair's behaviour.

"I'm totally disappointed," he said. "it went a little too far, the sport of boxing shouldn't be like that."
        whs

Comment

Dereck Chisora brawls with David Haye after defeat to Vitali Klitschko – Telegraph Blogs

Here is the video, it all kicks off about 3:25...

And some more here:

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...isora-in-brawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhxxfp4hYAc

You can fairly clearly make out that Haye had a bottle in his hand at the start and bits of glass fly everywhere after he throws a punch. I reckon he might find himself in prison for that. It seems he also starts swinging a tripod around later.

What a bunch of dicks.
          Last edited by doodab; 19 February 2012, 09:46.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Dereck Chisora brawls with David Haye after defeat to Vitali Klitschko – Telegraph Blogs

Here is the video, it all kicks off about 3:25...

And some more here:

Haye and Chisora in brawl | Sky Sports

Dereck Chisora attacks David Haye at Klitchko press confrence Feb 18th 2012 - YouTube

You can fairly clearly make out that Haye had a bottle in his hand at the start and bits of glass fly everywhere after he throws a punch. I reckon he might find himself in prison for that. It seems he also starts swinging a tripod around later.

What a bunch of dicks.
            Nice finds. Though currently I don't put blame on Haye, as he was being goaded, already had the bottle in his hand and had nowhere to go except run from what looked like an inevitable brawl. Admittedly Haye threw the first punch (and what a corker it was)

and my views are swayed by Haye's usual good character. Not quite sure if he used the bottle, if he had sense it would have been wrapped inside his hand rather than used directly, and I suspect that must have been the case otherwise Chisora would be in hospital.

Chisora on the other hand provoked Haye, picked up a bottle and threatened to burn and shoot Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              What, your boy won? Still not happy?
              He didn't, Klitschko is Ukrainien
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Nice finds. Though currently I don't put blame on Haye, as he was being goaded, already had the bottle in his hand and had nowhere to go except run from what looked like an inevitable brawl. Admittedly Haye threw the first punch (and what a corker it was)

and my views are swayed by Haye's usual good character. Not quite sure if he used the bottle, if he had sense it would have been wrapped inside his hand rather than used directly, and I suspect that must have been the case otherwise Chisora would be in hospital.

Chisora on the other hand provoked Haye, picked up a bottle and threatened to burn and shoot Haye.

Well, the beeb are running with a cracking photo of Haye punching Chisora with the bottle in his hand.

Worth noting that after this Chisora is repeatedly heard saying 'I've been glassed, he glassed me' and he does pick up a bottle but doesn't hit anyone with it. It's much later in the proceedings when Haye has run away that he starts threatening shooting and suchlike.

Also, the injury to Haye's manager appears to be inflicted by Haye swinging a tripod around.

All in all, I would say Haye needs to take a fair bit of the blame for what happened.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Well, the beeb are running with a cracking photo of Haye punching Chisora with the bottle in his hand.

Worth noting that after this Chisora is repeatedly heard saying 'I've been glassed, he glassed me' and he does pick up a bottle but doesn't hit anyone with it. It's much later in the proceedings when Haye has run away that he starts threatening shooting and suchlike.

Also, the injury to Haye's manager appears to be inflicted by Haye swinging a tripod around.

All in all, I would say Haye needs to take a fair bit of the blame for what happened.
                  It looks as if the bottle is wrapped inside Hayes hand in that much better photo. Not sure about the tripod and how his manager got hurt.

Chisora seems like a bit of a nasty fecker all round to me. He's beat his wife, been done for assault, possession of a weapon, slaps people in press conferences, threatens to shoot people etc. The sport could do without him IMO. Dereck Chisora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought Haye was a good guy (if not a brilliant boxer) and am not yet ready to condemn him for what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    It looks as if the bottle is wrapped inside Hayes hand in that much better photo. Not sure about the tripod and how his manager got hurt.

Chisora seems like a bit of a nasty fecker all round to me. He's beat his wife, been done for assault, possession of a weapon, slaps people in press conferences, threatens to shoot people etc. The sport could do without him IMO. Dereck Chisora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought Haye was a good guy (if not a brilliant boxer) and am not yet ready to condemn him for what happened.
                    Chisora is a knob, there is no doubt about that, but from the various angles you can see that Haye has his hand around the neck of the bottle with the bottom protruding when he swings it and the bottle appears to smash against Chisora's chest / neck area.

You can see Haye swing the tripod and hit his trainer in the head at about 2:50 in the youtube video BTW (it's annotated as Chisora's crew glassing him, but it's not...) He's actually going for Chisora's guy at that point as they have previously been trading blows.

TBH, you can't really see Chisora throw a punch, although his trainer has a good go.

Whatever "good character" Haye may have shown in the past is unlikely to find favour with the German courts given the video evidence. He's going down I reckon. You don't swing a bottle at someone, or start cracking people over the head with tripods, in a room full of TV cameras and get away with it.
                    Last edited by doodab; 19 February 2012, 11:16.

Comment

Chisora is indeed a complete knob. These incidents revolve around him, not Haye or the Klitchkos.

Comment

Working...
                      X