• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice winner Stella English to sue Lord Sugar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    After being told "You're hired", Miss English was given a job with Lord Sugar's Viglen division
    Shock horror...Viglen still going
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      ?

AWAKENER (15)
      REAWAKEN (15)
      REAWAKE (14)
      REWAKEN (14)
      WAKENER (14)
      AWAKEN (13)
      ENWRAP (11)
      PANEER (8)
      PARKEE (12)
      PAWNEE (11)
      PAWNER (11)
      PERAEA (8)
      REWAKE (13)
      WAKANE (13)
      WEAKEN (13)
      WEAKER (13)
      WEANER (9)
      Nope, none of those. It was allowed by the countdown judges though.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Shock horror...Viglen still going
        That's what I thought after seeing that their MD doesn't know what ISP stands for.

Comment

AtW - you recently had a large external investment - what was the % of equity given for that?
          An amount that was agreed by both sides. You will read all details in my future memoires. I'll have special chapter dedicated to cUK

How does having an external shareholder affect your day to day operations and influence your strategic planning?
          Positively due to investor sharing same long term views.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            That's what I thought after seeing that their MD doesn't know what ISP stands for.
            I've spotted him around the city a few times. Couldn't keep a straight face when he walked pass me at an event last year ... you'd of thought he would have reviewed the clips of the show before it was aired and got it changed

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              After the first series it was clear that it wasn't a show for those who were serious about business. You go on Dragon's Den for that.
              That's an "entertainment first, business second" show too.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Anyone who takes £200k from Theo Paphitas should get a knighthood, rather than a prison sentence.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  An amount that was agreed by both sides. You will read all details in my future memoires. I'll have special chapter dedicated to cUK

Positively due to investor sharing same long term views.

HTH
                  Well done. Retaining 1% of a massive company is worth more than holding 100% of a small company.

Probably.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I thought the entire point of going on that show was to increase your media profile and get money from doing that.
                    For those that haven't seen it, here's how it was originally devised:

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The main problem with the Apprentice (apart from the fact is absolute rubbish entertainment) is that you have these people on very specific tasks for a set number of weeks - they are almost spoon feed what to do.

Where as in the real world you need to be proactive and search out the opportunities not just wait for your boss to give you another mundane pre set task.

Why you would want to offer someone £100k when all they have done is show an ability to follow instructions and be a ****** I will never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X