• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need help with a Heavy Metal playlist.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Definitely - 40ths are supposed to be a bit cheesy. And you want music people will enjoy singing along to after they've had a few towards the end of the night. The very bon Jon Bon definitely a must. I'd chuck in a bit of cheesy Meatloaf (does Norrahe have a recipe for that?) too.
    Cheesy bacon meatloaf

And if you want cheese you have to go for Van Halen, Whitesnake, Bill Idol (rebel Yell), Rush or Twisted Sister
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

good stuff so far. also:
      uriah heep - love machine
      ted nugent - cat scratch fever
      acdc - highway to hell
      deep purple - lazy
      anvil - metal on metal (get the dvd! great film!)
      black sabbath - black sabbath
      grand funk railroad - paranoid
      cactus - feel so good
      mc5 - kick out the jams

dang there's load more but i gotta go...

Comment

Gary Moore - "out in the fields"
        Metallica - "enter sandman"
        Audioslave - "cochise"
        Pearl Jam - "jeremy"

so many

Comment

Scorpions - Blackout

then you can sing along with the chorus "big nose... I really had a big nose ... big nose .. I really had a big nose "
          (well that's what it sounds like )

Also,
          Scorpions - Rock you like a Hurricane
          Scorpions - No One Like You

(guess what I was listening to in the car this morning!)

@Cojak "how could I forget bat out of hell" - well easily since it's a pile of steaming tulipe. HTH.

Comment

I've seen people mention Metallica and Megadeth but you can't leave out Slayer, Anthrax and Pantera either.

Edit: Although after re-reading the thread they might be too heavy. Are you sure it's not more like rock/hard rock you're looking for?
            Last edited by Bunk; 18 February 2012, 15:43.

Comment

At risk of showing my age, anything off Who's Next - but Baba O'Reilly or Won't get Fooled are especially loud.

And sticking with the Meatloaf theme, open withthe original of Nelly the Elephant for anyone who remembers the original Bat outof Hell tour...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Has noone mentioned the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

For a 40 year old, I think the Blood Sugar Sex Magik album is the place to pick tunes from.

For manic moments

Suck my kiss
                Give it away

For mellow moments

I could have lied
                Under the bridge
                Last edited by Gonzo; 18 February 2012, 16:28. Reason: Added some specific songs

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I've seen people mention Metallica and Megadeth but you can't leave out Slayer, Anthrax and Pantera either.

Edit: Although after re-reading the thread they might be too heavy. Are you sure it's not more like rock/hard rock you're looking for?
                  Just a tad
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

'Shook Me All Night Long' AC/DC is a guaranteed jumping about track at an 'over 40s disco'

Broken Down Angel - Nazareth
                      Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
                      All Night Long or Since You Been Gone - Rainbow
                      Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
                      Come To My Window - Melissa Etheridge

Finish the night off with the full live version of Freebird !!
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X