• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have just entered this Midnight WO/MAN | Bridge Events Dartford | Home of the Midnight WO/MAN

3.86km swim,180.25km bike and 42km run

The good news is I do have 17 hours to finish.
    Bloody hell, what lengths are you going to, to avoid your kids????

Just take them to Portugal and leave them in a villa when you eat at a Tapas bar it'll be better for you in the long run.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Don't veg and fruit have carbohydrate, then?
      Indeed - but in small amounts. I have had no rice, pasta, potato or bread.

When I have lost most of my body fat (I reckon 2-3kg to go) I will introduce wholemeal pasta and rice.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Well I could certainly make money selling my story.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I intend to fit in most of the training round the kids. I have considered joining local clubs but they don't fit in with the schedule.

Remember that the twins are nearly 10 now and starting to become independent. The younger one is in his own little world and wants little to do with me or his mother. Quite upsetting really.

I will still be the greatest of dads!

And Mrs BP is 100% behind me - you can ask Churchill or CM to ask her if you want.

Comment

Churchy,

Could you check how much mrs bp has increased bp's life assurance by?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Churchy,

Could you check how much mrs bp has increased bp's life assurance by?
            I'll let you know when we get the cheque

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I have just entered this Midnight WO/MAN | Bridge Events Dartford | Home of the Midnight WO/MAN

3.86km swim,180.25km bike and 42km run

The good news is I do have 17 hours to finish.
              I could do the swim in 1.5 hours at a moderate pace, so that's easy.
              Bike, with the same moderate effort as with the swimming, I guess I could average about 15mph, equating to 7.5 hours
              Running. Not sure I could run a marathon at all. Without training I'd have to go pretty slow to finish, say 6 mph, so that's maybe 4.5 hours.

Total = 1.5 + 7.5 + 4.5 = 13.5 if done separately.

Done one after the other total: unknown.

Comment

Next up the Marathon des Sables
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I could do the swim in 1.5 hours at a moderate pace, so that's easy.
                  Bike, with the same moderate effort as with the swimming, I guess I could average about 15mph, equating to 7.5 hours
                  Running. Not sure I could run a marathon at all. Without training I'd have to go pretty slow to finish, say 6 mph, so that's maybe 4.5 hours.

Total = 1.5 + 7.5 + 4.5 = 13.5 if done separately.

Done one after the other total: unknown.

Funny how easy it is when all you have to do is a bit of adding up

Brillopad Congratulations on entering and good luck with the event.

Ive done a few Ironman races, for my sins this year ive got my name down for 5, first is double enduroman 9th June.

If you need any tips or have any training, fueling, or other questions then message me.

You might also want to check out:

www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk
                  Last edited by Barley; 14 February 2012, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Next up the Marathon des Sables
                    I was also thinking of this Brutal Events... half ironman, full ironman and double ironman races

Comment

Originally posted by Barley View Post
                      Funny how easy it is when all you have to do is a bit of adding up

Brillopad Congratulations on entering and good luck with the event.

Ive done a few Ironman races, for my sins this year ive got my name down for 5, first is double enduroman 9th June.

If you need any tips or have any training, fueling, or other questions then message me.

You might also want to check out:

www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk

Many thanks!

I might well ask the questions publicly then others can benefit....

Comment

Working...
                      X