• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Whitney Houston

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    What a shame ... Probably was an OD, but still a shame .....

**Sigh** I despair for music, in the next few decades, all decent artists are going to die and then what will we be left with? Retards like Lady Gaga and the like, proclaiming they make good music? Dang, that's tragic.
    As usual, I find myself agreeing with everything you say Wim.

I only really hear present day music when I go to the gym and there is one particulate thing that seems quite common these days that really annoys me. The use of that Peter Frampton style voice box device that makes you voice go all warbly.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

I'll have a pint of what you've been quaffing please.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

these stars are dropping like flies.
        Michael Jackson, that female coke-head in London, and now Whitney Houston.
        Soon they'll be none left and you'll be left with my cleaner sh*gging exploits as your only source of entertainment..

Comment

Black single mum dies of drugs OD?

Is this really news
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

She was found underwater in the bath, if the rumour mill is correct. Was anyone with damp arms up to the elbows seen leaving the building?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

I only really hear present day music when I go to the gym and there is one particulate thing that seems quite common these days that really annoys me. The use of that Peter Frampton style voice box device that makes you voice go all warbly.
              On a point of order - that autotune thingy used by so many these days is a totally different thing to the talkbox effect Frampton used.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Her and Mariah Carey were responsible for that horrible warbley black soul music (very popular with chavy white kids,see x-factor) where rather than hit a note you simply go around it. She didn't deserve to die for that though, well not quite.
                Ain't that the truth - it's flippin annoying and a waste of a good voice to boot.

Comment

Nice to see the usual CUK suspects keeping it classy. Sorry to say you'll have to up your game if you want to play in the big league: Fox News Commenters Respond to Whitney Houston's Death With Deluge of Hatred and Racism

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Her and Mariah Carey were responsible for that horrible warbley black soul music (very popular with chavy white kids,see x-factor) where rather than hit a note you simply go around it. She didn't deserve to die for that though, well not quite.
                    Quite, I always thought it was the vocal equivilent of fret wank, technically proficient but lacking soul
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Sony Music under fire after cost of greatest hits set on iTunes rises by more than 60% after singer's death

Sony Music has come under fire after it increased the price of a Whitney Houston album on Apple's iTunes Store hours after the singer was found dead.

The music giant is understood to have lifted the wholesale price of Houston's greatest hits album, The Ultimate Collection, at about 4am California time on Sunday. This meant that the iTunes retail price of the album automatically increased from £4.99 to £7.99.
                      Profiteering or what?
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X