• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best home contents Insurance provider .. in your opinion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop around, I pay less than that for more cover.

Up your excess, are you really going to claim for less than £250?

Use niche brokers. The underwriters will be the same. But the Brokers will be keener on price & Cover than internet.

Read the proposal carefully. I looked at a number of online suppliers and the headline cover was wiped away by the exclusions.

Always check every year on the comparison sites, I get the 10% off the quietly raised renewal quote every year by waving a quote at my suppliers. Takes 30 mins.

£42,000 in the house, easy to do mine is £80,000 old for new. That is 40 items at a grand, Beds, TVs, HTPC, PCs,Fridge, Camera, watches, wedding rings (no they weren't expensive but Gold has gone up a lot) , minor jewellry & 80 at £500 Bike, Clothes etc.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
    X