• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news and bad news from the dark side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    But avoid Spain, where unemployment is coming up to 20% (and 50% if you're under 25), regardless of what the Uk press say.
    Oh and also Portugal, Greece, and probably Italy where nepotism means all the jobs are stictched up by who you know.

France isn't terribly good either. Oh and don't even venture into Hungary, where they don't like foreigners any more.

As for Poland, Czech Rep. and the rest of the Eastern bloc, I wouldn't bother.

But at least there's Germany. The western part that is. Parts of East Germany make the North of England look like an economic wonderland.

Other than that the continent is spiffing.

If you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats, there a couple of cringe worthy Brits in that town. Thick as pig tulip and never stop moaning about the homeland and fawning over their new hosts.
    Damages the rest of us beyond measure.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      If you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats,
      He could never afford it, so no danger there.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        He could never afford it, so no danger there.
        I thought you kept saying how cheap it was and how expensive the UK was? You really are poly-educated
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I thought you kept saying how cheap it was and how expensive the UK was? You really are poorly-educated
          ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            ftfy
            Amounts to the same thing
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

13 years post transplant. Is that quite normal for a kidney transplant patient?
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

If you decide to go to Munich then you might want to avoid the expats, there a couple of cringe worthy Brits in that town. Thick as pig tulip and never stop moaning about the homeland and fawning over their new hosts.
                Ditto in Ahrensburg - A couple of cringe-worthily fanatic neo-Nazis. One of them was an excellent cook though, and made a damn good curry (of all things). But they soon sussed that I wasn't a fellow traveller, and started cold shouldering me, which was fine from my standpoint too as I didn't want to end up in too many secret police files and suchlike.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So you've meet Scooterscot?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    13 years post transplant. Is that quite normal for a kidney transplant patient?
                    When my wife went in for hers she was told about 10 years. She's probably on about year 5 now - although there are a fair amount that fail in the years up to that. But a lot depends on how good the match was, how well the new kidney reacts to the drugs. A better match means less anti rejection drugs which effectively slowly kill the new kidney. She got hers from her mum and the match was supposed to be pretty good. Also being a live donor makes things better as the kidney is not disconnected for any length of time.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      If you genuinely wish serious illness or death on your ex then I want you out too.
                      You just want people out, doggy.
                      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
                      X