• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Redknapp Cleared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Even a blind squirrel will eventually find an acorn
    Squirrels rely on sense of smell more than eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      The reason you all think England have a chance or is on a par with Portugal/Spain/Germany etc is because the UK media hype them up, their record says it all, they haven't sniffed a final for decades and only had two semi finals in the last 30 years. "Oh but the Premiership is the best league in the world!!!" maybe, but only because there are more foreign players/managers and owners, otherwise it would resemble the SPL or Championship. It's fun to watch all the morons get excited thinking they have a chance.
      FTFY

Just re-arranging the deckchairs on this here ol' Titanic.

Comment

The premiership is the most popular because it is so frantic. That was true even before all the foreigners, when it was called Division One.

Like English players, not many foreigners play well at world cups after playing here. For example, when Spain won in 2010, Torres was poor and was dropped after a few goalless games, and Fabragas hardly played.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          T

Like English players, not many foreigners play well at world cups after playing here. For example, when Spain won in 2010, Torres was poor and was dropped after a few goalless games, and Fabragas hardly played.
          Torres went to the world still recovering from injury.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            A Scot in charge of England surely not lol
            The head coach for the Scottish Rugby Union team is an Englishman.

Comment

I would always question why anyone would have cash deposited in an offshore account, surely they are trying to hide something, probably from the tax man.

I can understand having an account if you have a holiday home etc to pay for running costs etc, but anything more is questionable.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                I would always question why anyone would have cash deposited in an offshore account, surely they are trying to hide something, probably from the tax man.

I can understand having an account if you have a holiday home etc to pay for running costs etc, but anything more is questionable.
                I would say it makes perfect sense to have an offshore account if you do any business outside the UK. There should be no suspicion attached whatsoever.
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  If you don't know what a friendly is, you shouldn't be discussing football.
                  A team that can outclass another will win even in a friendly. I never said Spain weren't better, just that they don't outclass England. It's not my fault you don't understand the word.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    The head coach for the Scottish Rugby Union team is an Englishman.
                    This is true but we all know rugby fans are better then football fans and can deal with things like that
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Can anyone explain exactly how he was cleared? From the looks of it, he was being paid a bonus by his employer, complained it was smaller than expected, and his employer then "gifted" him the remaining amount by depositing it in an offshore account that the employer encouraged him to set up. How is that not tax fraud?

And if it's not tax fraud, can't we all go and set up offshore accounts and then get our ltd co to pay all of our income into them tax free, as a "gift"?
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X