• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London is now the worst place in the world to do business, say top bankers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Personally I'd rather have less money in the government coffers and more disposable income to be spread around my local tradesmen and thus the local pub.
    Sounds good, in this case all bank should half wages and hire 50% more people - thus increasing employment to spread more money around and also cutting costs at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      There was so-called 13-th salary in communism - basically a bonus at the end of the year equivalent to monthly salary, or 10%.

You talk about communism but how many companies in UK you know that pay such massive bonuses on top of massive salaries? A commission driven sales often would have very basic salary to make the person work arse off to get sales and then commission of those sales with a possible big bonus IF sales exceed some very high level. That is pretty common but not every sales person gets bonus - in fact lots of them get fired for not hitting targets - that's capitalism where as what happens in banks is more like communism.
      Quite. The problem we have in high pay is that there is too little competition. And the problem that we have in this country is that there is not enough capitalism. anything nowadays to do with Power and Energy and finance is divvied up between the large companies protected by expensive legislation.

"Dodgy Bank International" is waiting to unleash itself but is held back by restrictive legislation that seeks to protect custmers
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Sounds good, in this case all bank should half wages and hire 50% more people - thus increasing employment to spread more money around and also cutting costs at the same time.
        Thats the thought process that caused the mess we have in the civil service. Don't give people unnecessary jobs leave money in the economy to support 1 man bands when they find somthing useful to do...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Thats the thought process that caused the mess we have in the civil service. Don't give people unnecessary jobs leave money in the economy to support 1 man bands when they find somthing useful to do...
          So if I get you right you just want a handful of very highly paid people like yourself working in taxpayer subsidised banking industry so that you could continue to "spread money around" and provide others with jobs?

Comment

There was so-called 13-th salary in communism - basically a bonus at the end of the year equivalent to monthly salary, or 10%.
            A heck of a lot of German companies do that as well, sometimes called Weihnachtsgeld
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Isn't a monthly bonus 8.33%? Or am I being pedantic?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Isn't a monthly bonus 8.33%? Or am I being pedantic?
                I rounded it up.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                X