• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The joys of autistic children

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed. Mrs BP saw a kid at legoland with a t-shirt saying "I am okay - just autistic". She jokingly talked about getting one for baby BP! I hope she won't though - it is other people's problem and not his.
    I know it's ages since I spent some time with baby BP but he is such a happy little fella, just happens to be in his own world most of the time. Not his fault that his world doesn't interact well with everyone elses world!!

Mrs BP is a saint but I honestly think that's for putting up with you, the kids are a walk in the park!!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      No no... a tamborine!!
      Karaoke machine - that's what every child needs.

Or a drum kit.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

And another thing. Last Sunday we went to church. Mrs BP took baby BP into the children's section - against my advice as she suffers from embarrassment. baby BP was at his worst ever. Mrs BP starts getting glares from other parents. I complained to the persion in charge of children's section - after all baby BP cannot help it.

Why are there so few Christians in church?
        The last time anyone complained in my church my reply was that they were speaking to the wrong person and really should ask the vicar to speak up a bit.

Since then only 1 person has ever made a comment about children to me and in that case the vicar told the organist where to go.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Karaoke machine - that's what every child needs.

Or a drum kit.
          Is that before or after the Scalextric, Train set and remote control cars/planes/boats?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            No no... a tamborine!!
            Always go for the nosiest option when its not your children. ELC do a good keyboard microphone combination.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Always go for the nosiest option when its not your children. ELC do a good keyboard microphone combination.
              A friend of mine bought DD1 one for her first birthday. It's still going strong, just about.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Mrs BP walking our autistic son to school with a girl of same age that my wife childminds for. The both run off. My wife calls them back and tells them to stay with her. The girl runs off again. My wife screams at her "Why don't you listen? You are worse than my son and he is stupid". Right on cue our son says "swimming pool".

He is 4 years old. The outward intelligence of a one year old in the body of a seven year old. Great.
                I was watching DIYSOS big build the other week and they did a house for a lady with an autistic boy, and when he he wanted to be alone or got stressed he went down to a shed at the bottom of the garden and played with road signs and cones, he so disliked attention that they had to leave before all the builders turned up, as part of the build they put up a new shed and set it up with traffic lights and road signs and cones, at the end the lady and the boy went out front to see all the builders who had worked on the house and everyone was crying she was crying all these big builders were crying and the lad looks at them all and shouts "I HAVE TRAFFIC LIGHTS"
                Last edited by Support Monkey; 8 February 2012, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  A ex-friend of mine bought DD1 one for her first birthday. It's still going strong, just about.
                  FTFY

Comment

FTFY
                    Nah - he's the rich godparent
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I was very pleased that this thread has helped someone looking for advice - cheers for the PM. If there is anyone else looking for help or advice feel free to PM.

BP

Comment

Working...
                      X