• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barclays online banking hit by fraud this morning - be careful!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to browse to some other bank site on your PC, if you got trojan it probably fakes multiple banks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      The weird thing for me was that I didn't access the website through any link ... I typed it into the browser as I always do. The trojan or whatever it was appeared on the actual Barclays https website. All scans came through clean!
      Did you type it into the address bar or the search box?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Did you type it into the address bar or the search box?
        Into the address bar, which is why I keep going on about this because there is no evidence of me stepping outside of advised/secure methods when accessing the site yesterday.

Comment

Interesting.

BBC News - Hackers outwit online banking identity security systems
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Nice one - that's exactly what happened to me. Still no idea how my work PC became infected, but being a relatively new type of MIB attack I'm guessing that the usual AV might not have picked it up.

Good thing I stopped when I did!

Comment

Working...
            X