• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News from the garden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Oh I couldn't disagree more!

The sheer joy of admiring my delphiniums on a hot summer's day surpasses everything IMO.

Incidentally, are you going to address your mower situation before the growing season begins?
    We shall have to agree to disagree on the flowers,

As for the mower not sure to which situation you are referring to, to save embarrassment I shall decline to comment until I know what you know...
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I dug up some wild garlic bulbs from our local wood last autumn for my mum and they've sprouted and the leaves are smelling garlicy already. They probably won't flower until May. The whole area in the wood turns white with garlic flowers in May and on the opposite side of the bank are bluebells. It looks quite magical. All gone within a month, most odd species.

Might be a bit of a bare patch this year from where I took some.
      Yes, the smell of the wild garlic on a warm spring day is also quite magical.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        We shall have to agree to disagree on the flowers,

As for the mower not sure to which situation you are referring to, to save embarrassment I shall decline to comment until I know what you know...
        We have definitely had mower related intercourse at some time.

I tried doing a search on all my posts containing the word mower but got too many results back.

It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Edit: Here it is
        Last edited by pacharan; 31 January 2012, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          The whole area in the wood turns white with garlic flowers in May
          Not the site of a French WWII Camp is it?
          You can probably confirm this by getting a metal detector out and searching for discarded weapons.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We have definitely had mower related intercourse at some time.
            I vaguely recall some such but again I forget the details so all I shall say is "I have a petrol lawn mower & I will cut the grass when it needs it" There a nice clear statement that should not be misconstrued (but this is CUK so I’m not holding my breath)

I am still planning to pave the lot but its low on the list of “things to do” next up is the refurbishment of the en-suite shower
            Last edited by Halo Jones; 31 January 2012, 14:41.
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

I vaguely recall some such but again I forget the details so all I shall say is "I have a petrol lawn mower & I will cut the grass when it needs it" There a nice clear statement that should not be misconstrued (but this is CUK so I’m not holding my breath)

I am still planning to pave the lot but its low on the list of “things to do” next up is the refurbishment of the en-suite shower
              I am getting the faintest hint if a sub-plot here. Is there something else you want to tell us? Some mishap when "mowing the lawn" perhaps?
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                I am getting the faintest hint if a sub-plot here. Is there something else you want to tell us? Some mishap when "mowing the lawn" perhaps?
                no comment
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

no comment
                  You can tell me, I can keep a secret.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Well folks, looks like spring is well and truly round the corner.

A little tour of the garden here at Pacha Towers this morning confirmed this.

Snowdrops are putting in a wonderful display carpeting the area under my magnolia tree. Blooms were somewhat obfuscated by the frosty backdrop though.

I noticed also that my winter aconites have made an appearance - their dainty little yellow blooms peeping up from their ruffs of lanceolate leaves.

The buds of my forsythia are now burgeoning promising a spectacular splash of yellow for February.

My only concern is for my daffodils which I fear may have popped up a little prematurely. Likewise, my Rhodedendron which had been blooming all autumn right up to Christmas; Not sure what sort of a display we will have this April.

How are your gardens looking?
                    Its snowing round here, what are you on about ?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

top tip for youse gardeners. winter scents are next to non existent in this country, but if you plant snowdrops and onion sets , you have a good chance of at least something during the snowy months

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X