• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland - the facts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One question I've not seen answered is will an independent Scotland gain automatically membership of the EU or will they have to apply?
    I expect that the rest of the UK will demand a reduction in our contribution to the EU so the boys in Brussels will expect Scotland to become a net contributor. Of course that's assuming someone doesn't veto their entry.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Fine. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
      WNATS

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I wonder whether Alex Salmond is secretly English?

He looks like John Higgins to me, although both are allegedly Scottish.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          I couldnt agree more with the above. I dont think we will ever willingly give NI and Scotland independence
          We? We?? WE??

Oosssaa -
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
            If not for all the Eastern Europeans you now have bringing a huge crime wave with them plus the fact they most of them claim no end of state benefits. England is just a mongrel country with scroungers from the world over living there.

A country should never lose it's identity nor have it's identity modified to suite immigrants.
            You're obviously not familiar with English history, are you?

We're all mongrels (except for one or 2 celts in Cornwall...)
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Fine. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
              Originally posted by cojak View Post
              WNATS

WTS.

You've already got your own currency, and language, you're nearly there already... just finish Hadrian's job for him.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                You're obviously not familiar with English history, are you?

We're all mongrels (except for one or 2 celts in Cornwall...)
                There was no such thing / race as 'The Celts'. It's a completely made up construct.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  There was no such thing / race as 'The Celts'. It's a completely made up construct.
                  So a lot like "The English" then?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Not a winner at trumps I'm afraid, Norway already get 99% of their electricity from Hydro power.
                    Norsk Hydro - The clue is in the name

Heavy water, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Norsk Hydro - The clue is in the name

Heavy water, anyone?
                      Like Scottish Hydro?
                      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X