• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post

What we would replace it with, I do not know. Communism is a non-runner, so what 'ism' do you think will take over if/when the stool collapses?
    Darwinism?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      It's sunny. They could invest in solar power and export electricity to the rest of Europe.
      It's sunny in Sahara also. Greece does not make solar panels so they'd have to pay in hard currency for them, something that will be in very short supply after exiting euro zone. When I was in Corfu last year I was suprised to see very few solar panels in use.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        DP has got a pig farm?
        You haven't got a pig farm?

What sort of peasant are you?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          What sort of peasant are you?
          I am an urban dweller - now go back to feeding yer pigs

Comment

"I am an urban dweller - now go back to feeding yer pigs"

Before capitalism and industry, the man who owned the food - and controlled the land to produce it on - was king.

Get out of the cities; be ready to feed his pigs and touch your forelocks....

Comment

B0ll0x - Russia in 1998 also had bonds issued in rubles rather than euros/USD yet it did not stop from defaulting and currency devalued 4 times in space of a month, if it wasn't for oil going up 10 times in the next 10 years it would still be in as bad financial situation as before: Greece does not have anything that can go in price so much to recover.
              They aren't really comparable. And that's not really what I meant by "go bust" - they defaulted several times in the years before they joined the Euro, yet they are more "bust" now than they ever were then.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

It's sunny in Sahara also. Greece does not make solar panels so they'd have to pay in hard currency for them, something that will be in very short supply after exiting euro zone. When I was in Corfu last year I was suprised to see very few solar panels in use.
                The sahara is further away on the wrong side of the sea.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  They aren't really comparable. And that's not really what I meant by "go bust" - they defaulted several times in the years before they joined the Euro, yet they are more "bust" now than they ever were then.
                  I have not been to Greece before, but base don what I saw in Cofru in August 2011 things were pretty good, the only complaint is bloody stones on the beach rather than nice sand

Comment

Rather than take the pee out of the Greeks, perhaps we should watch very closely how they order their society when the machine finally stops, as it will.

If the house of cards falls, then all cards will fall with it.

I think that at the moment I would feel more in control of my own long-term destiny with a smallholding, a plough and a donkey in Greece, than I do on an urban council estate in England.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
                      Rather than take the pee out of the Greeks, perhaps we should watch very closely how they order their society when the machine finally stops, as it will.

If the house of cards falls, then all cards will fall with it.

I think that at the moment I would feel more in control of my own long-term destiny with a smallholding, a plough and a donkey in Greece, than I do on an urban council estate in England.
                      Aye it's grim oop north.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X