• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave Hartnett says that householders have a duty to ensure others don't evade tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypocrite

I do hope while he was accepting 'hospitality' he made sure those proffering it were paying the 'right amount of tax'.

Business meal as meeting not entertainment - how is it treated for VAT and tax | AccountingWEB

Can I suggest he also looks at

Mr T Blair
    Ms C Booth-Blair
    Mr G Brown
    Ms Harman
    Ms J Smith
    Anyone who has had the suffix 'MP' at any time.

Mr P Green
    Mr R Branson
    Anyone on a business reality show.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And then the chip will have to be sown into your arm....
      OH is not being chippy
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        ... the cash is there in the bank account, so it makes little difference to me about how I pay.
        Of course it makes a difference - If you don't pay in cash, the transaction is traceable and the tradesman might feel obliged to pay tax on it!

The only inconvenience of paying cash is having to walk to cash point and get lots of money out in advance, if it's something really expensive.
        You should make the effort, and withdraw your limit each day for several days in advance if necessary. I once paid a plumber several thousand in cash - Every bit of tax saved, by yourself or someone else, is a victory and a blow for freedom.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          You should make the effort, and withdraw your limit each day for several days in advance if necessary. I once paid a plumber several thousand in cash
          I do. I've done the same, but not for any reason of "I hope they don't pay tax on it".
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Of course it makes a difference - If you don't pay in cash, the transaction is traceable and the tradesman might feel obliged to pay tax on it!

You should make the effort, and withdraw your limit each day for several days in advance if necessary. I once paid a plumber several thousand in cash - Every bit of tax saved, by yourself or someone else, is a victory and a blow for freedom.
            What will you pay with when there are no banknotes because there is no money to pay to have them printed?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              Mr Hartnett, quite right. I would like to inform you I think there could be some avoidance maybe even evasion going on Id like to let HMRC know about. His name is Mr Tony Blair.
              You paid Tony Blair in cash?

Comment

Guys like this pillock must yearn for the day when anonymous cash is abolished and everything must be paid for by traceable "electronic wallet" transactions.
                There will still be SME's like me insisting on being paid for projects by the barrow load of chickens. That's how much I hate those feckers stealing and wasting my wealth under the threat of gaol.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Speaking to a newspaper for the first time in 18 months
                  That's because it has taken 17 months for the surgeons to extract his foot from his mouth from the last time he spoke to the media.

BBC News - Revenue and Customs boss says he need not apologise

Comment

The correct way is to say "How much for cash?" Then you share the no vat discount between the both of you and everyone is happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X