• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax about to be introduced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason to make sure your contracts are flexible enough to work from home regularly, as if we needed one

Should at least be able to claim tax relief on it as a business expense though.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Surprised no one's commented on how difficult, and expensive, this would be to introduce since charging per mile would require a GPS/Transceiver in every single car.

How would that be paid for is the big question?

Comment

It will be paid for in the same was as your Government ID, out of your pocket.

Never fear though, if EDS wins the tender there is no chance this project will ever be completed!

Mailman

Comment

It'll probably be voluntary mind, sort of like ID cards...

Comment

I bet there will be a special exemption for MPs. There always is.

Comment

All they need is registration recognition cameras on every entrance and exit for the subject area.

As they are only doing it in certain areas there is going to be a severe problem for businesses within the zones. There will also be a massive opportunity for enterprise regions outside the zones to steal smart businesses away.

This si going to be funny.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

But these proposals though are about charging per mile on all roads, so the number recognition type system used in London wouldn't be possible unless a camera was fitted on every single road in the UK.

UK would tag all vehicles in road pricing scheme

Comment

It'l never work

The system will be reliant on GPS (1227 MHz ). For under £10.00 you can buy the components to make a GPS Jammer (As used in Iraq) A few of these scattered around the motorways set to operate randomly will soon knock out the charging system. The charging system will never work. All that will happen is than some consulting company will pocket a lot of money.
                  HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

I have a theory which I might be just using to make myself feel better, but I reckon we all get paid more to take allowance of the tax burden. Think about it, do you think that you would get all the money in your back bin if tax was lowered ? In the short term maybe but then wages would adjust to take account of this. Reality is that rates of pay are determined by supply and demand like many other things which means the tax burden makes little difference in reality, just view your income in net terms and get on with it I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
                      Surprised no one's commented on how difficult, and expensive, this would be to introduce since charging per mile would require a GPS/Transceiver in every single car.

How would that be paid for is the big question?
                      The cameras to read your number plate are already in place.

Comment

Working...
                      X