• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I asking the right quesiton / how would you respond?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, mate, I think no more help can be given here. You are paralysed with indecision. Just send out your email permie style and see what happens.

Comment

I'd work out how to get their system back up and working after if fscks up.

Wait for it to fall over.

Jump in with the solution.

Profit!
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Sorry, mate, I think no more help can be given here. You are paralysed with indecision. Just send out your email permie style and see what happens.
        No - you are right with your previous posts. Paralysis was temporary and now cured

I am a contractor. Must offer solutions. Must raise invoice.

Comment

If you want to get their attention then tell them how they stand to lose money over it. Make it a big number. Then tell them how you can fix it for a smaller number.

PM me if you want any hints on how to scare the hell out of non-IT directors
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by funkyd
            No - you are right with your previous posts. Paralysis was temporary and now cured

I am a contractor. Must offer solutions. Must raise invoice.
            Good lad, you know it makes sense. Focus your mind by booking the presentation meeting for Friday lunchtime. Aim to have your draft proposal down on paper before you go to bed tonight. That will give you all day tomorrow to polish off the rough edges and prepare your spiel. Don't forget a nice PowerPoint summary for your attendees to take away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Good lad, you know it makes sense.
              It does from here. The weeks just drift into each other with nothing specific to do. Sometimes nobody notices that we are not even in the office.

Comment

this is one of the best posts I have seen for a while

well done LB and others
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                  this is one of the best posts I have seen for a while

well done LB and others
                  Aye thang you, EO.

It is a pleasure to put the get up and go and the fire back in the belly of a fellow contractor. I expect the OP to achieve no less than an exclusive supplier deal for the next five years to administer and maintain the email system. To be achieved by Monday next week.

Comment

Originally posted by funkyd
                    IT is not important at board / management level.
                    Haven't read the thread fully so don't know what industry or company you are talking about. This may be more than just an IT issue and you should really be looking to see what regulations apply. FSA, SOX, BASEL, FOI, DPA etc etc. Then you can put forward a compliant solution...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                      Haven't read the thread fully so don't know what industry or company you are talking about. This may be more than just an IT issue and you should really be looking to see what regulations apply. FSA, SOX, BASEL, FOI, DPA etc etc. Then you can put forward a compliant solution...

FSA - registered but not regulated
                      SOX - No
                      FOI - not sure yet
                      DPA - They ignore it
                      BASEL - tbc

Comment

Working...
                      X