• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming 'innit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Go and visit Mars, Venus and our moon and let us know what you find out.
    Mars was destroyed by global warming yet no space probe has ever found trace of a 4x4.....curious.....

Comment

They rusted away
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Go and visit Mars, Venus and our moon and let us know what you find out.
        Go on, save me the trip. What did you find out when you went??

Have those ice caps stopped melting on Mars yet??

Comment

That your model of a planet as a rock near a 100W bulb is so woefully inaccurate as to be useless. Venus is hotter than Mercury but is twice as far from the sun

Comment

That your model of a planet as a rock near a 100W bulb is so woefully inaccurate as to be useless. Venus is hotter than Mercury but is twice as far from the sun
            Well, mercury has no atmosphere to speak of, and venus has a massively-dense CO2 atmosphere. They call it a 'runaway greenhouse effect'.

I refer you to Page 64 of 'The Boy's Book of Space' - 1963 edition.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
              Well, mercury has no atmosphere to speak of, and venus has a massively-dense CO2 atmosphere. They call it a 'runaway greenhouse effect'.

Do they still get snow in winter, or is that a thing of the past?

What do the models say or do we need another £billion for a new supercomputer and 1st class trips to the Maldives for a Climate Summit before we can be sure the science is settled?

Comment

The entire point is the atmosphere is what protects us against fluctuations by the sun in the first place. So kind of the opposite to your suggestion it's all the sun's fault.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone ever calculated how long we could manage if the sun went out, before it got too cold. (The Black Cloud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia doesn't count ). Would it be days, weeks or months.

Comment

The entire point is the atmosphere is what protects us against fluctuations by the sun in the first place. So kind of the opposite to your suggestion it's all the sun's fault.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone ever calculated how long we could manage if the sun went out, before it got too cold. (The Black Cloud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia doesn't count ). Would it be days, weeks or months.
                  If The Sun Went Out, How Long Would Life On Earth Survive? | Popular Science

Comment

Just because the alarmists said Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past - Environment - The Independent
                    So you really are still touting a single decade-old tulip newspaper article? By a human rights journalist no less. In preference to thousands of actual studies? Is that really all you have?

BP oil spills and an end to snow - YouTube About 3 minutes in.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Nope, It protects us from harmful radiation, but does not have enough 'inertia' to protect us from long-term changes in solar output. It just responds to them.

The atmosphere would be too cold for mammals in just a few days, and would freeze to a liquid in a week or two. The fish might last a bit longer because the oceans have 'thermal inertia' and would freeze from the top down over maybe months.

Comment

Working...
                      X