• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can someone please give my son a job!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Let's assume the bloke joined CUK purely to spam us. Although maybe not, admin did let the post through...
    Let's assume that the bloke saw the word "contractor" and made a mistake.

To the OP, good luck.

Comment

Yoof of today eh. They think they have a right to work just because they're qualified, hard working, motivated and doing everything they can to get a job; they've never 'ad it so easy you know. In my day you couldn't avoid getting work; if you had a functioning cardio-respiratory system and could switch on a PC you'd be dragged down to an office in a suit, stuck behind a desk in an air conditioned office for a day or so of training, then sent off to a customer in a shiny new car to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and reboot the system, with no choice as to whether you wanted to sit at home and be lazy. I only got to be lazy after 5 in the afternoon! Yoof of today, they should count their blessings!

sorry I can't help on this one, but best of luck!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Let's assume the bloke joined CUK purely to spam us. Although maybe not, admin did let the post through...
        You Holy Joes. Always assuming the worst. Tsk tsk!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

At 19 he should be out at some University getting himself a proper degree ( like meeja studies ), getting a big loan from the student loan company, getting pissed every night drinking value lager, having drunken orgies with fellow teenagers and getting too stoned to attend classes.

Gordon Brown.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Tell your family and friends to vote UKIP then. No more Polish workers. Sorted!
            WHS
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              At 19 he should be out at some University getting himself a proper degree ( like meeja studies ), getting a big loan from the student loan company, getting pissed every night drinking value lager, having drunken orgies with fellow teenagers and getting too stoned to attend classes.

Gordon Brown.

meedjah studdeys
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Good luck with it. I too have a 19-year-old in a similar position so know your frustrations. Keep at it though, something will turn up.
                Why are you not employing him yourself? after all, you own a company and have a right of substitution... Nothing says you cannot put a suit on him and make him take notes for you or do menial tasks until you build him up enough to take on more of your skills sets...

Comment

Do you even know what spamming is ?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

To the OP, good luck.
                    So OP is Wimslow?

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Do you even know what spamming is ?
                      Better than you it would seem, if you don't think this counts.
                      Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      I bet CUK gets hundreds of new members trying to offer services/advertise, but they don't get through. Maybe one of administrator's friends

The OP would be better trying over at http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk
                      Last edited by d000hg; 20 January 2012, 09:18.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X