• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can someone please give my son a job!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I should have been an agent, but I'm too nice.

I reckon you've got all the nasty little habits DP
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I reckon you've got all the nasty little habits DP
      I can't keep me 'ands off the birds in accounts for a start.

Comment

Best of luck for him.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Good idea coming to an IT contractors board to find an electical apprectiship though.
          Indeed!

OP, get your son to post here. Site for trade/electricians. Ive used it a few times and they're nice guys and some would be willing to try and hook your son up with work.

Good luck to him! I originally wanted to be an electrician but apprenticeships werent widely available in my old location, then I became too old. Good if he can get a trade, then he's sorted for life.

It's just getting that time served.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I should have been an agent, but I'm too nice.
            Agent Orange

Comment

I have to say that your son will have to do some hard work by preparing himself and go cold calling knocking on doors. It’s no good phoning or writing. I would suggest he walks where possible and takes a hard hat with him. It may take hundreds of calls and many weeks but he will get something. Get him up to leave the house at 8am and start tomorrow.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by tannerswf View Post
                My son is 19 years old. He has his City & Guilds Electrical Installation certificates as well as CSCS card.
                We have tried for 2 years to get him an apprenticeship for an electrician.
                He has had a few short term jobs and one so called 'apprenticeship' with a company in London that laid him off due to the economic situation!
                He is gagging for an apprenticeship Industrial or Domestic.
                I have advertised locally and offered to pay his salary for a short time, but nothing!
                He needs a good company or a mentor to give him confidence.

Failing this, he has been doing a little labouring work, as he is very strong.
                He is reliable, keen and willing to work unsociable hours.

Is there anyone out there near Chelmsford or in London that can offer him something-Please!

Otherwise I wonder where our future construction workers will come from?
                Most probably Poland! My son went to the Olympic site and was told he had no chance 'cos it was 95% full of Polish workers!!
                Good luck with it. I too have a 19-year-old in a similar position so know your frustrations. Keep at it though, something will turn up.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Good luck with it. I too have a 19-year-old in a similar position so know your frustrations. Keep at it though, something will turn up.
                  But your boy is covered in tattoos remember. He may never work.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by tannerswf View Post
                    My son is 19 years old. He has his City & Guilds Electrical Installation certificates as well as CSCS card.
                    We have tried for 2 years to get him an apprenticeship for an electrician.
                    He has had a few short term jobs and one so called 'apprenticeship' with a company in London that laid him off due to the economic situation!
                    He is gagging for an apprenticeship Industrial or Domestic.
                    I have advertised locally and offered to pay his salary for a short time, but nothing!
                    He needs a good company or a mentor to give him confidence.

Failing this, he has been doing a little labouring work, as he is very strong.
                    He is reliable, keen and willing to work unsociable hours.

Is there anyone out there near Chelmsford or in London that can offer him something-Please!

Otherwise I wonder where our future construction workers will come from?
                    Most probably Poland! My son went to the Olympic site and was told he had no chance 'cos it was 95% full of Polish workers!!
                    I know it's not a lot of use but I've been in the same boat with one of my kids. Good luck to you and I hope he finds something soon.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Let's assume the bloke is trying absolutely everything he can for his lad? For now.
                      Let's assume the bloke joined CUK purely to spam us. Although maybe not, admin did let the post through...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X