• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small IT Company Takeovers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    Yeah, I contracted at a firm in Derby and they stopped paying the permies overtime, said they were professionals, and professionals don't get overtime, and put them onto Profit Related Pay. The permies all thought it was wonderful, as the company had always made a tidy profit. I just started laughing (until told off).

Year later: oh dear, sorry chaps, company has not made any profit...

threaded in "Didn't even need the time machine to see that coming" mode.
    Well that was pretty obvious considering your daily pie ingestion rate, they're never going to make a profit!

Comment

Well looks like there is going to be a pay out to senior staff after all. Mind you that could mean HMV vouchers for all anyone knows.

Comment

The company I'm working for was taken over not so long ago, and I don't think the permies have got anything out of it apart from a promise of a profit share scheme down the road. Directors will sell it to the staff as improved job security and maybe other improvements, but you can't hide the fact they've done it for a fat load of cash for themselves.

I agree with Cojak. Loyal employees are mugs. I'm working for me now, and wouldn't consider permidom unless I had some kind of stake in the company.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X