• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCIE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They'll be listed on the Cisco Gravy Train Webtulipe...

Spod.

Comment

Interesting, that's why I asked. Always thought the whole point of the ticket was to prove your worth. To be told to practically ignore it didn't make sense to me. And are you saying there are 39 in the region; how do you know?
      It's on Cisco's website - you can verify numbers in each region/country and verify individuals Cert numbers (No pretending).

Forgot this bit: It cost £2k for a one-week CCNA bootcamp five years ago in UK. When I checked with Koenig in India recently about renewing, and including MCSE, it's about £2.5k for seven weeks tuition and exams. And that included the food and accommodation.
      Bootcamps can work with multiple choice type exams, with CCIE it can help prepare for the lab experience by brushing off the rough edges. But you simply can't go through a CCIE without having a ton of experience combined with at least 6 months of hard hands on time practicing configuration scenario after scenario.

I'm sure its possible for someone to get it without having loads of experience but I'm also sure that would at least double, if not treble the hands on lab time needed. It is delibaretly designed to be as hard as possible.

It doesn't test on every day stufff but instead on twisted combinations of technologies that you can only pass because you understand exactly, down to an in depth packet level how they work. And no partial marks, it's all or nothing on a section so if you get it 90% correct you score zero.

Comment

Working...
      X