• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: 1200 Jobs to go at Littlewoods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: 1200 Jobs to go at Littlewoods

On BBC News ticker tape. "More soon".

Doesn't matter. The economy is officially booming, houses are booming (again).

It's boom and boom, not doom and gloom.

HTH

Comment

I knew you'd say that!

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
        On BBC News ticker tape. "More soon".
        Also the much anticipated NTL job cuts...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4982450.stm

Comment

I think you guys need to wake up to the fact that Britain has never been better.

Just because you see 1000's of job losses everyday doesn't mean that anythings wrong.

These people "losing" their jobs are simply trading up to better jobs in the public sector.

In turn, that means better public services for us, so it's win win.

HTH

Comment

wrong thread mister- please correct and use the official reporting channel

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
              wrong thread mister- please correct and use the official reporting channel
              These Daleks, always shouting and giving orders, but never realy helping.

Someone started a "Labour isn't working thread" (I wonder who). News like this woul dbe much better in there.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Don't worry, if they can't find jobs at Tesco we still need armies of 5-a-day outreach consultants to make up the public sector numbers. And they'll get a great pension as well so everyone's a winner.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Anyway who cares?

As long as my house is worth a fortune, I'll keep voting Labour and all will be well.

Comment

Working...
                  X