• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nick Clegg plans a 'John Lewis economy'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Sorry AtW I meant 5% in your case
    55% more like it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      55% more like it
      You need to PM me unless you enjoy paying tax!
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Going back to the core of the subject I had the privilege of working for the Admiral Group and they reward their employees with £1,500 worth of shares twice a year. Each employee has to wait for 3 years before they can cash them in but they can collect dividends immediately. While I agree it did encourage loyalty and better buy in from the staff I also believe they used it as a stick to keep wages down and this was quite evident at times.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

It's ok, I prefer to focus on growing revenues

Comment

It is unlikely that anyone with a half decent tax advisor who has their own business or is self employed will pay any more than 35% of their income in tax anyway. There is no morality about paying tax anymore anyway, but because so much of it is squandered and is clearly better spent on throwing toga parties than being spent on keeping people out of work.
            Fook me that's a lot. I don't think I've ever paid more than 20%, thanks largely to tax advice.

Agree to much of what you say though; here in NL there's been massive increases in spending on education and health and a recent report after a government investigation shows most of the increase has been squandered on over the top management. As for healthcare expenditure,
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He does.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                He does.
                With that attitude his business will not last long.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

With that attitude his business will not last long.
                  The business is doing very well, thanks for asking

Comment

who's running it for you? it sounds like its been nationalised

Comment

Doing well enough for a 997 Turbo?

Comment

Working...
                      X