• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nine Euro Nations’ Ratings Cut, Seven Affirmed by S&P

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Be careful. Stop losses are not guaranteed stops and I've been cut out a few times to the tune of £100 extra here and £100 extra there when leaving spread bets on overnight. Personally I would be waiting to see what the market is like at 10:10 tomorrow night (or is it 9:10 this time of year) and then putting my bets on after that. The first few seconds of trading can be very volitile.
    There's a checkbox to tick when placing the bet labelled "Guaranteed stop". This is IGIndex.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      There's a checkbox to tick when placing the bet labelled "Guaranteed stop". This is IGIndex.
      Does what it says on the tin but costs you a bigger spread.

Comment

Why don't you guys just go to Vegas?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          They can't afford it.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I'd spend all my money on lap dances and strip shows.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'd spend all my money on lap dancers and strip shows.
              Big gambler you are!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'd spend all my money on lap dances and strip shows.

What about the all woman shows?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

When is the opening on Sunday?

Edit : So would I open a spreadbet selling EURUSD at £10/pip (with sensible stop loss) before the market opens to profit from this?
                  Put your wallet away mate. They will make mincemeat of you.

By the way, guaranteed stops will protect you, but they also help IGIndex to scr£w you as the minimum stoploss distance is something like 30 pips from your entry. so you don't get to move your position to breakeven until 30 pips in profit, whereas a regular stop can be as close as you like.

There is a pre-market that starts on sunday evening around 6pm. Download a demo MT4 platform from OandA and you will see it. Spreads are stupid though.

Oh, and the sunday opening gap is designed to stop out anyone who was stupid enough to hold their position over the weekend.
                  Last edited by SantaClaus; 15 January 2012, 00:03.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Put your wallet away mate. They will make mincemeat of you.

By the way, guaranteed stops will protect you, but they also help IGIndex to scr£w you as the minimum stoploss distance is something like 30 pips from your entry. so you don't get to move your position to breakeven until 30 pips in profit, whereas a regular stop can be as close as you like.

There is a pre-market that starts on sunday evening around 6pm. Download a demo MT4 platform from OandA and you will see it. Spreads are stupid though.

Oh, and the sunday opening gap is designed to stop out anyone who was stupid enough to hold their position over the weekend.
                    Pre-market? Is this actual values that would indicate the opening behaviour?

Edit : While I appreciate the warning, I am also interested in picking your brains as to how to profit from this situation. Do you think you could cut out the lofty sneering bit and come up with some alternatives? Short pos on the euro are at record high, I'm thinking of doing the same, so how does this make me mincemeat exactly? So long as I deposit enough cash to sit out the swings the net trend should be down, in theory, right?
                    Last edited by suityou01; 15 January 2012, 06:35.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Pre-market? Is this actual values that would indicate the opening behaviour?

Edit : While I appreciate the warning, I am also interested in picking your brains as to how to profit from this situation. Do you think you could cut out the lofty sneering bit and come up with some alternatives? Short pos on the euro are at record high, I'm thinking of doing the same, so how does this make me mincemeat exactly? So long as I deposit enough cash to sit out the swings the net trend should be down, in theory, right?
                      There are no guarantees. The market may have already priced in all the bad news. Sometimes, after bad news comes out, the market will rise because the uncertainty factor has been removed.
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X