• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart-floot
    I'm not convinced that Brown will be more of an electoral asset than Blair.

What the Tories "fear" (and rightly so) is that Brown takes over and holds a snap election to gain a "mandate". Of course this election will be fought on the current dodgy boundaries which are so biased towards Labour right now. Accoridng to experts Brown could win a majority with only 33% of the vote.
    Perhaps.

The realpolitic of the situation,is that with Blair gone and Brown at the helm, Labour will hold power, possibly with a greater majority than the last election.

The current backlash protest voting is, I think,directed against Blair, take him out the loop and youve got a winner.

I know its a dismal prospect but sadly realistic.

Comment

Labour forever then.

Accept it or leave the country.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        Perhaps.

The realpolitic of the situation,is that with Blair gone and Brown at the helm, Labour will hold power, possibly with a greater majority than the last election.

The current backlash protest voting is, I think,directed against Blair, take him out the loop and youve got a winner.

I know its a dismal prospect but sadly realistic.
        No No No. When Tone goes the NL machine will tear itself apart. As I stated somewhere else, they will have to have a leadership contest and I don't believe they have a candidate who can unite the party. This will show them to have fallen into dissarray which the public (even the thickest chav) will notice.

It is no foregone conclusion.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

The sooner we get Gaydon in No. 10 the better for the long term prospects of the UK.

A couple of years with Brown in charge and we are guaranteed no more Liebour for at least a generation

Comment

Not sure about that, EO. Probably better if Blair clings onto power until the bitter end, surrounding himself with more and more sleaze and incompetence. Much more likely to see an elector backlash then. Mind you, as has been pointed out here before, the electoral commission is of the opinion that even after the next boundary reorganisation it will be virtually impossible for anything other than a Labour government to be returned (remember, 20% of the workforce are now employed by the state and I don't think many of them will be voting Tory).
            I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
            X