• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye bye Radbroke Hall. Nostalgia thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never worked at Radbroke hall but have been known to drink in The Whipping Stocks.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So Alf, you worked for a bank that some might say is among the most aggressive in the UK, yet you hate Thatcher?!?!
      Go on. Your point being?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Go on. Your point being?
        My point is that if you profited from banks which some describe as the sharks of capitalsm you have no right to critisise Thatcher.

It's not like you worked for a coal mine or something.

Comment

I was there back in the late 90's just after the the Barclays Bonk scandal and still has very fond memories for me. Real fun place to work and great people. Probably the best contract ever, I'd say but mean to be a different story now from what I've heard...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            well we are deffo talking about the same incident (sec guards video).
            so being as i am old and stuff, i will concede
            i always thought it was a threesome in the tennis courts.
            So to conclude

It was Dave from IT in the Squash Court with the Pork Sword.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Cuts this year, but they will be back, its a revolving door in these sorts of places. Don't write off Radders too soon.

Nice memories of beers at lunch in the shed, watching the call centre girls from block 10 in the summer

Sci-Fi club in the shed, when they had various authors in to give talks

Also the 'Barn' across the road, where the owner would come and plonk himself in the middle of meetings randomly 'ignore me lads, just carry on'
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I worked on two projects there, the first one was alongside "Andersen Consulting", the second was when F.I. Group offered my Manager £1k per contractor to replace them with off-shored Bob's...

Originally posted by portseven
                "Sci-Fi club in the shed, when they had various authors in to give talks"
                I never went to any of the talks but won a couple of the signed books.

Great days indeed.

Were any of you crusty lot at Radbroke during the "Nuclear Power Group" days?
                Last edited by Churchill; 13 January 2012, 08:33.

Comment

Oh? I've had a couple of calls about a role there, this week. Strange.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Oh? I've had a couple of calls about a role there, this week. Strange.

MP - In "Hatchet(Wo)man to the Gentry" Mode...
                    FTFY

Comment

Since they shut down Poole (for IT) this is their main site for techies. AFAIK they don't have anywhere else to keep them out of sight.

Comment

Working...
                      X