• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally ordered a replacement for my Mazda 6 MPS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm thinking of getting something practical and fairly cheap.

2005 PORSCHE Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic

I'm liking the mods on this one.
    Better get the tinted windows or people will whisper "there goes the pig fugly dwarf in his pig fugly car"
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Wow the losers, renters, poor and the feckless unanimous in their condemnation of my car choice.
      Must be the right car.
      I wouldn't have gone for a diesel with a manual gearbox personally, too much gear changing required. Still, I suppose one needs something to do when one's life is as dull as yours.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I wouldn't have gone for a diesel with a manual gearbox personally, too much gear changing required. Still, I suppose one needs something to do when one's life is as dull as yours.
        Auto was probably £100 more so out of sasguru's budget I'm afraid.

Still, he's used to constantly thrashing around a small knob with his left hand.

Comment

I suppose all the dieting and struggling with money problems makes your life interesting.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Honda Accord 2.2 i-DTEC (Diesel) Manual S.
            Should be a worthy replacement but I'll miss the MPS.
            Hopefully the Accord will provide the Swiss watch reliability that I'm used to.
            Good choice, you'll get from A to B just as quickly as anyone else even if they did buy a poky, uncomfortable track day car for their daily congested commute.

I gurantee you won't get any gestures either.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Good choice, you'll get from A to B just as quickly as anyone else even if they did buy a poky, uncomfortable track day car for their daily congested commute.

I gurantee you won't get any gestures either.
              True. Cabin is excellent, its a great long distance cruiser and will be far more reliable than any German make.
              Was thinking of the Mazda 2.2 as well but this is nicer inside.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

True. Cabin is excellent, its a great long distance cruiser and will be far more reliable than any German make.
                Where do you go long distances?

You never leave your terraced house incase it's burgled or the council find out you're sub letting it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Where do you go long distances?

You never leave your terraced house incase it's burgled or the council find out you're sub letting it.
                  Should be driving to sasguru Towers in the Douro valley.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Should be driving to sasguru Towers in the Douro valley.
                    How tedious. Imagine being trapped in that car with you for 20 hours.

Comment

You should be able to change gear less in a diesel as you have a wide band of torque available.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X