• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been totally misled and lied to by a hiring manager for contract - my legal position?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you come here to make yourself feel happy

Originally posted by benn0
    I've already told Tony English - Please stick to the subject. it shows a lack of intelligence if you cannot do so.

However, in response to you post, I never said I wouldn't return. I look to pop back every now and again as it makes me so much happier that I am able to be happy with my lot in life.
    because you're (you believe) happier than the people moaning in here, is that right?
    If you're feeling a bit poorly do you nip down to your local cancer ward and tell yourself how much healthier you are than those patients, do you feel really rich when you meet a tramp, do you feel really good-looking when you see (most of) the people you probably have to work with?
    Relativism, no wonder you're left-wing.......
    Why not?

Comment

I've already told Tony English - Please stick to the subject. it shows a lack of intelligence if you cannot do so.

However, in response to you post, I never said I wouldn't return. I look to pop back every now and again as it makes me so much happier that I am able to be happy with my lot in life.
      why does changing the subject show a lack of intelligence?? or am I being stupid here?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'm going to the pub for a couple of pints after work, anyone care to join me?

Comment

please
          It
          your
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

"I have a copy of the job description e-mailed to me by the recruitment agent which clearly states UNIX C++ development with SQL Sybase development yet after 8 weeks no such work is forthcoming.
            ",

feck me, it took you eight weeks to realise you were doing VAX/VMS scripting and not UNIX C++ Development with SQL Sybase !!!!

feck me, you need a break, you need to go home and lie down !

funniest thing I've heard all day.

up the gold price

software to the gentry

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              "I have a copy of the job description e-mailed to me by the recruitment agent which clearly states UNIX C++ development with SQL Sybase development yet after 8 weeks no such work is forthcoming.
              ",

feck me, it took you eight weeks to realise you were doing VAX/VMS scripting and not UNIX C++ Development with SQL Sybase !!!!

feck me, you need a break, you need to go home and lie down !

funniest thing I've heard all day.

up the gold price

software to the gentry

Milan.

No the manager kept making promises of development and design work, nothing transpired end of week 3 I started to lose confidence in the manager's integrity. Ho hum, next contract, next psychopath.

Comment

Working...
              X