• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet dating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I like the "Will Relocate - Yes" - Erm you don't have much of a choice as a lifer lol

Comment

I like the "Will Relocate - Yes" - Erm you don't have much of a choice as a lifer lol
      Maybe he means she'll "relocate" you

Comment

Originally posted by Regent View Post
        Since acquiring 'single' status about 6 months ago, I've been thinking of trying on-line dating for a while now and found a couple of sites (see below) that I think will be suitable for me. Has anyone else had any joy on these sites?
        Dude, you have to be realistic.

Not many women are going to go and declare themselves as a geek. Many people using online dating, use the free ones like POF. etc.

Others may get suckered in to eharmony or match. Then girls date for free, charge men for access to mate1, but might be worth it.

The best way to obtain success though is to find a speed dating group and go to one of the parties.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Crikey - Tessie is only 26, and doing life.

Wonder what she did - Murder most likely
        Has to be murder and most likely multiple for most people there.

The US as well as the UK, are extremely lenient of women and their crimes. Cases come up all the time in the US weher women kill people/babies/etc and get off scot free. Here they are molly cuddled and "some big bad man drove them to be insane".

Life doesnt mean life, lol.

Life is 30 years, but sentences are irrelevant. Minimum terms are usually 6 years or so, depending on the judge. Good behaviour reduces a sentence more.

That is how murderers, usually get a life sentence, yet are out in 8 years on bail .....

Who would want a jail chick though? End up murdering you in your sleep ..

Comment

Do be careful. I used to know a woman who met some guy off the internet. He turned out to be some incoherent ex-squaddie who belonged to a cult. He knocked her up and I've not heard from her in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Not many women are going to go and declare themselves as a geek.
            Wrong. Google "girl geeks" and you'll find social groups all over the country, and indeed the world. Loads of smart young women who are into technology etc. wear the label with pride.

It often does in Texas, where the lady in question is incarcerated. It's quite possible she was lucky not to get the death sentence, in which case the automatic sentence in Texas is life without parole.

EDIT: and BTW, life in the UK means you can only ever be released on licence. An infraction of the law as trivial as a scuffle on the street or failing to pay the correct bus fare can and does result in your immediate recall to prison.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 8 January 2012, 19:06.

Comment

Dude, you have to be realistic.

Not many women are going to go and declare themselves as a geek. Many people using online dating, use the free ones like POF.
              Well, Wim I disagree.

In my humble opinion, shared common interests are the crux of making a relationship work. The number of times I have seen my friends out with girlfriends/wives looking bored beyond belief with no connection is unreal.

I prefer to meet real ladies, not those with boob jobs, made up to the eye balls etc etc.

Comment

women behind bars. jeez , thats how I met the first missus. dont risk it boys, they are all demons in human form

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Got a few replies to attend to...

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Regent View Post
                    Got a few replies to attend to...

Thanks for the tips.

Are these replies through the forum PM system?

Comment

Life is 30 years, but sentences are irrelevant. Minimum terms are usually 6 years or so, depending on the judge. Good behaviour reduces a sentence more.

That is how murderers, usually get a life sentence, yet are out in 8 years on bail .....

Who would want a jail chick though? End up murdering you in your sleep ..
                      In the UK maybe, but in the good Ol' USofA life means life, otherwise its 25 to Life
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X