• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prescott 'liable for £366,000 homes tax'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
    . As a civil servant Ms Temple could also be prosecuted for the same thing.

maybe she was smart and made sure they only did it in his office!!!

Comment

She cant be that smart. If she had any sense at all she would say he made it a condition of her continuing employment and sue the arse out of the Govt.
      Nobody is going to believe she did it willingly.

Unless she has told someone else that she volunteered.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

There is no law saying that people cannot have sex at work but it calls into question issues of appropriate behaviour.

In Mr Prescott's case, he is being accused of committing the offence of misconduct in a public office by having sex with his secretary in his Whitehall office.
        Eh? You have contradicted yourself there???

Unless there is more to come from the women he got it off with he hasnt committed any abuse of office.

The only fecker who should have been arrested and charged was the blind git (and the whore he was getting it on with) who helped his bit on the side with some helpful interference.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Unless there is more to come from the women he got it off with he hasnt committed any abuse of office.
          Postman Prat: Read the previous posts and you will notice a couple of hints.

There have been a couple of cases reported against Police officers having sex whilst on duty being an abuse of office. The abuse of office law covers civil servants and MPs. He admitted having sex whilst "on duty" so I would say bang to rights!

Do try to keep up.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Eh? You have contradicted yourself there???

The only fecker who should have been arrested and charged was the blind git (and the whore he was getting it on with) who helped his bit on the side with some helpful interference.

Mailman
            The "There is no law saying that people cannot have sex at work" applies to you and me (assuming you don't work for the government) you wont get prosecuted but it is grounds for a "gross misconduct" dismissal (the best kind)

It's different if you are in public office & is seen as a breach of the public's trust and that is open to prosecution

HTH

Comment

Does this mean that a brief dalliance with Mrs. Palm and her five lovely daughters at work, constitues an offence in a public place, even in the privacy of the gents ?

Suppose your place of work is at home. Is the offence now downgraded to "gross misconduct" ?

Would you have to march yourself off your own premises ?

Could you claim sexual harassment from Mr. Hand, and sue yourself for damages ?

"Yeah...er...every time I sat down to do some work, the accused just kept fiddling with me, your Honour. He wouldn't leave me alone for 5 mins. The bum-pinching was the worst...."
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I can understand prosecuting police. The public rely on them to catch speeding motorists and shoot Brazilians on the underground.

What do we rely on Prescott for?

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
                  Does this mean that a brief dalliance with Mrs. Palm and her five lovely daughters at work, constitues an offence in a public place, even in the privacy of the gents ?

Wasn't there an investment banker who got caught doing just that in the showers after the gym?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4978306.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek

Suppose your place of work is at home. Is the offence now downgraded to "gross misconduct" ?

Would you have to march yourself off your own premises ?

Could you claim sexual harassment from Mr. Hand, and sue yourself for damages ?

"Yeah...er...every time I sat down to do some work, the accused just kept fiddling with me, your Honour. He wouldn't leave me alone for 5 mins. The bum-pinching was the worst...."
                    On my one stint at working for a government dept (never again) there was a certain permie of long standing and advanced age who was renowned for w*nking at his desk... in full sight of everyone, they couldn't or wouldn't get rid of him so were going down the "therapy" route to try and get him to stop, rather than sacking on the spot... always thought it was bizarre

Comment

always thought it was bizarre
                      Erm, I know that place, you shouldn't mention stuff that goes on there, especially not on a public website like this.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X