• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Prescott 'liable for £366,000 homes tax'"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Gold Dalek
    always thought it was bizarre
    Erm, I know that place, you shouldn't mention stuff that goes on there, especially not on a public website like this.

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    Does this mean that a brief dalliance with Mrs. Palm and her five lovely daughters at work, constitues an offence in a public place, even in the privacy of the gents ?

Suppose your place of work is at home. Is the offence now downgraded to "gross misconduct" ?

Would you have to march yourself off your own premises ?

Could you claim sexual harassment from Mr. Hand, and sue yourself for damages ?

"Yeah...er...every time I sat down to do some work, the accused just kept fiddling with me, your Honour. He wouldn't leave me alone for 5 mins. The bum-pinching was the worst...."
    On my one stint at working for a government dept (never again) there was a certain permie of long standing and advanced age who was renowned for w*nking at his desk... in full sight of everyone, they couldn't or wouldn't get rid of him so were going down the "therapy" route to try and get him to stop, rather than sacking on the spot... always thought it was bizarre

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    Does this mean that a brief dalliance with Mrs. Palm and her five lovely daughters at work, constitues an offence in a public place, even in the privacy of the gents ?

Wasn't there an investment banker who got caught doing just that in the showers after the gym?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4978306.stm

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I can understand prosecuting police. The public rely on them to catch speeding motorists and shoot Brazilians on the underground.

What do we rely on Prescott for?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied

Suppose your place of work is at home. Is the offence now downgraded to "gross misconduct" ?

Would you have to march yourself off your own premises ?

Could you claim sexual harassment from Mr. Hand, and sue yourself for damages ?

"Yeah...er...every time I sat down to do some work, the accused just kept fiddling with me, your Honour. He wouldn't leave me alone for 5 mins. The bum-pinching was the worst...."

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Eh? You have contradicted yourself there???

Unless there is more to come from the women he got it off with he hasnt committed any abuse of office.

The only fecker who should have been arrested and charged was the blind git (and the whore he was getting it on with) who helped his bit on the side with some helpful interference.

Mailman
    The "There is no law saying that people cannot have sex at work" applies to you and me (assuming you don't work for the government) you wont get prosecuted but it is grounds for a "gross misconduct" dismissal (the best kind)

It's different if you are in public office & is seen as a breach of the public's trust and that is open to prosecution

HTH

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Unless there is more to come from the women he got it off with he hasnt committed any abuse of office.
    Postman Prat: Read the previous posts and you will notice a couple of hints.

There have been a couple of cases reported against Police officers having sex whilst on duty being an abuse of office. The abuse of office law covers civil servants and MPs. He admitted having sex whilst "on duty" so I would say bang to rights!

Do try to keep up.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    There is no law saying that people cannot have sex at work but it calls into question issues of appropriate behaviour.

In Mr Prescott's case, he is being accused of committing the offence of misconduct in a public office by having sex with his secretary in his Whitehall office.
    Eh? You have contradicted yourself there???

The only fecker who should have been arrested and charged was the blind git (and the whore he was getting it on with) who helped his bit on the side with some helpful interference.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    She cant be that smart. If she had any sense at all she would say he made it a condition of her continuing employment and sue the arse out of the Govt.
    Nobody is going to believe she did it willingly.

Unless she has told someone else that she volunteered.

Leave a comment:

• IT contract agent
    replied
    . As a civil servant Ms Temple could also be prosecuted for the same thing.

maybe she was smart and made sure they only did it in his office!!!

Leave a comment:

• Davros
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    I think the fact that numerous women including the wife of Jack Ashley MP have accused him of sexual harassment is enough to bar the man from public office. An oaf like that is not fit to serve in the Cabinet and his continued presence makes Blair look sleazy and corrupt.
    All the more reason for him to stay. The more Blair clings on to power and the more he stuffs the cabinet with sleazy no-hopers, the more likely the public will feel like voting for a change come 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    I think the fact that numerous women including the wife of Jack Ashley MP have accused him of sexual harassment is enough to bar the man from public office. An oaf like that is not fit to serve in the Cabinet and his continued presence makes Blair look sleazy and corrupt.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Blair must be praying for the World Cup to start to distract the proles
    Oddly enough the same thought occured with moi yesterday, still if England suffer some bad results it could hasten Blairs departure which would be of benefit to the entire nation.

So naturally he wont go , he is going to have to be pushed.

And if England perform poorly in the World Cup dont forget that the England manager will still walk off with 5 million in his pocket.

And as for Blair he will earn millions on the US Circuit tour post his departure as I have always maintained.

Not one to speculate on soccer matters but I think it will be a case of Germany scraping their way to a final to be beaten by Brazil, Iran could be worth a bet for the semis as they have been playing really well.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 May 2006, 16:06.

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    There is no law saying that people cannot have sex at work but it calls into question issues of appropriate behaviour.

In Mr Prescott's case, he is being accused of committing the offence of misconduct in a public office by having sex with his secretary in his Whitehall office.

If someone who holds public office abuses their position it is seen as a breach of the public's trust. As a civil servant Ms Temple could also be prosecuted for the same thing.

Earlier this year a police officer who had sex with a woman he'd been called to help was given 200 hours of community service and lost his job after admitting misconduct in a public office.

And last year two policemen were sent to prison for 15 months and forced to quit their jobs after being found guilty of the same charge. They admitted having sex with a woman while on duty.

The offence applies to all public servants including councillors and government ministers.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Can someone point out which law he is supposed to have broken and whether what ever has broken is a criminal matter?

The only problem I have with new labour being under new management is the fecker waiting in the wings like a fat chick waiting for sasguru to drop a packet of smarties cause his neaderthal like fingers havent developed to a stage where he has fine motor control over his limbs

Im also concerned about who the new chancellor will be if the current one is promoted! Imagine the fecker they will need to follow in gordo's foot steps!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X