• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After the storm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    When I was on St Kilda, we put a new tracking radar on top of mountain. The MOD ordered an American radome because the British ones were nowhere near robust or durable enough for the harsh conditions.
    So the yanks turned up with 'their goddam fckng-A cksucking mfcker ARCTIC tested radome. Goddam shtkicking Brits need to understand that we got twelve of these mfckers at the goddam north pole'

First storm we had it shredded then blew off into the Atlantic

It's wild up there

Aye EO

St Kilda - home of the legendary Fulma - eh ?

BTW was back in Glasgow the other day and one of my mates sister's husband was killed by a falling tree in the Oban region during a storm a few weeks ago whilst driving a Van - be careful - some really nasty gales right now in the Netherlands.

CH - are you playing your ascustic guitar pendng the re-connection? Hope it all gets sorted out fast for you ...must be a real drag ,,,bonne chance.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 January 2012, 21:08.

Comment

Power back but water went so still no heating or other basics. Ironic since I'm now cut off by the flooding. Still a week to go for phone an internet.

Fck this for a game of soldiers over to the GF's for the duration when I can escape.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Fck this for a game of soldiers over to the GF's for the duration when I can escape.

Now that - sounds like a plan.- unlike the following ditty which was a fav of an old soldier pal of mine ..

When in doubt
        Scream and Shout
        Wave your hands and arms
        About

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Aye EO

St Kilda - home of the legendary Fulma - eh ?

BTW was back in Glasgow the other day and one of my mates sister's husband was killed by a falling tree in the Oban region during a storm a few weeks ago whilst driving a Van - be careful - some really nasty gales right now in the Netherlands.

CH - are you playing your ascustic guitar pendng the re-connection? Hope it all gets sorted out fast for you ...must be a real drag ,,,bonne chance.

Killed by a falling tree alf ? in Oban ? going about his business in a van ?

and meanwhile 'Fred the shred' is scoffing margaritas on some hot white sandy beach in some tropical paradise.

jeez. its enough to make a grown man cry

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
            HOW MUCH?? For a freakin' SEMI!!!
            WDS.

That whole grey/mushroom colour scheme reminds me of 90s Vaxes.

Comment

and meanwhile 'Fred the shred' is scoffing margaritas on some hot white sandy beach in some tropical paradise.
              He will be punished in due course.

I reckon he has not got real true friends, only money.

Lots and lots of money.

Comment

Killed by a falling tree alf ? in Oban ? going about his business in a van ?

jeez. its enough to make a grown man cry

Aye EO - its a sair fecht

Translation :Life seems like a hard fight

But then again - Right- said Fred - didnt he ?

I'm - too sexy for this site
                Too sexy for this site
                Much too sexy ...
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 January 2012, 21:41.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  0.8 miles from Tooting... nice

Don't worry, Rodney. This time next year, we'll be millionaires.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X