• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What brand of CPUs is spiritucally closest to Chico?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Correct. My first experience with VIA was the motherboard recommended by AMD for the K6-2... it is an awesome pile of tulipe.

Maximum number of memory modules allowed: 6;

actual number of memory modules which will actually work with the chipset: 1.

Surreal.

In a fit of complete insanity, I purchased a USB 2.0 PCI card.... without noticing the dread VIA logo... took ages to make the fecker work, needed an obscure download from M$ before it eventually agreed to function.

There was even a note on the M$ site that this chipset was indeed a pile of tulipe and M$ was not going to support it for Win2k etc.
    You poor soul. I made the mistake of buying one motherboard with a VIA chipset (Asus A7V266-E) and then found out that the PCI interface wasn't quite standard and my sound card just didn't work in it. Only dared to go near Athlons with an nForce chipset recently which also didn't work. I'm Intel only now
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Please vote.
      Via, because it is Roman for street, and Rome is where St Peter died wasn't it? And where the pope lives, and all those other connotations from the Holy Romans.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        Via, because it is Roman for street, and Rome is where St Peter died wasn't it? And where the pope lives, and all those other connotations from the Holy Romans.
        Quite right, Chico is a special subset of the Via technology, called Via Crucis.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Is this another piece of the Da Vinci Code?

Comment

The right answer is Via because Via's owner/CEO is a religious nut who makes all CPU codenames Bible related, ie: Nehemiah etc.

Comment

I am growing an army of minature ATWs in the cupboard under the stairs. If anyone would like to see them, please drop me a line; real treat for the whole family.
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
              X