• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate Xmas/New Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works both ways though when you have a couple of kids who can be packed off to stay with their granny for a week or two, to give you some peace and quiet
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Shes 'OK' not too bad to be honest. Mildly annoying. Could be worse.

But the point is whereas I can put up with her occasionally, it gets a bit much all the time...
      Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Tell me about it. At least then I can come home and not see her sitting on the sofa with beer in one hand and tv remote (never to be released while shes there!) in the other.....

And Mrs used to let her have our bed when she visited and we had the spare one until I kicked off about that one !!!!!
      Could it be that MIL's take some kind of course? From what I've read you're all describing my MIL. (Only mine's much, much worse)

Comment

Watch 'Monster-in-law'. Can't remember what channel its on but its a reality program where they send someone in to sort out the bad in-laws. Theres some nasty sods on this...
        One program the MIL hated the SIL to be. Turned up with stated objections of stopping the marriage. Walked into house, dropped bags and said to him - 'Take them upstairs loser!!'. Nice one.

I watch this to cheer myself up that although mildly annoying, my MIL aint that bad !!!!!
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X