• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I do 0 hours of exercise (well I walk the 1 mile from my digs to workplace and back on Tue-Thurs but that's about it).

I really must do something. I used to jog, but I never improved and could never jog the whole of any distance (I think I managed not walking part of the way for 1 mile once).

Mr C despairs, but I just don't like exercise.
    If you've not done anything when you start, it is horrible. I remember my first bike ride - less than two (flat) miles and I was coughing and wheezing and resting every couple of hundred yards. Three weeks later I cycled to my mum's - about three miles, very slight up hill. It was literally all I could do to muster enough breath to persuade her I really didn't need an ambulance. But once you get over that bit, it does start to become fun. I find I need a goal (initially it was the London to Brighton that got me motivated) or I just don't put in the effort. I think the thing is not to be too ambitious to start with. Accept that you're going to be rubbish and it doesn't come as a disappointment. The 'couch to 5k' plan looks good.

Comment

Bought some size 10 jeans today.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 11 June 2022, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
          Assuming you are female, then... respect!

What is your avatar? I can't quite make it out, but I get the feeling it is something rude/disgusting (or is that just my warped mind?).
          I think it's a mudskipper (fish) with a Santa hat. Mudskippers do, admittedly, somewhat resemble turds with fins.

Comment

Talking of fat, I just have to praise The Sun again Grrrrrrrrr! Is you can't see a lady's arse from space, it ain't an arse at all.

Photographers uses obese models for new collection | The Sun |Features
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You should read Rushdie's "Enchantress of Florence".

"She was so thin that her name among the other whores was Skeleton, and those clients who could afford it often hired her together with her antithesis, the obese whore called Mattress, in order to enjoy the two extremes of what the female form had to offer, first the unyielding dominance of bone and then the flesh that engulfed. The Skeleton ate like a wolf, greedily and fast, and the more she ate the fatter Mattress became, until it was suspected that the two whores had made a pact with the Devil, and in Hell it would be Skeleton who was grotesquely overweight for all eternity while Mattress rattled bonily around with the nipples on her flat chest looking like little wooden plugs."

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                You should read Rushdie's "Enchantress of Florence".
                Some of us are not fat love.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Some of us are not fat love.
                  Just big boned
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Treadmill at Home

I hate running on the sidewalk for fear of treading in dog pooh and Well gyms are just so expensive and I could not manage to make it a regular trip due to work so was never cost effective.

If the Moses wont' go to the mountain then ......, so was thinking of getting a treadmill at home!

So many people have told me its just going to sit there gathering dust.

So I wanted to know if any one with a treadmill at home ed up using it for exercise or drying clothes!?

Also any recommendations on a cheap and steady one or maybe go down the ebay route ...

Cheers

css_jay99

Comment

Since last November I have gone from 15st9 to 14st4 but had a curry and a treat week which probably contributed to me weighing in at 14st9 yesterday!

I am doing the Insanity DVD box set which is both horrible and awesome but I think the main weight loss thing I have done is switch from my baguette and crisps for lunch each day to a Graze box. I have one each day and they are great - tasty and filling with not many calories. I have also stopped taking sugar in my tea which means I also drink less tea as it is horrible.

Before I trained with Insanity I exercised at lunchtime outisde and just started doing the park run pushing my son in his buggy, I will get back that when Insanity is completed.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X